How To: Always prompt which Login to use for a domain

strangecargo
strangecargo
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The extension used to show the popup when I hit command-\ and I had multiple accounts for the same website. Now it seems to autofill the account that comes first, alphabetically. This is often wrong for many of the sites that I have multiple accounts for. Is this an intended change, and if so, is there any way to get the old behaviour back?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Check the URLs in the Login items. If one of them is being filled it is because the URL it contains is an exact match for the subdomain you are viewing. The other Login items for that domain do not match the subdomain. If you always want to be prompted to select, make sure each Login item for that domain has the same URL stored within it.

• strangecargo
    strangecargo
    Community Member

Ah. That was it. Google changed their account login URL from a www.google.com URL to an accounts.google.com URL and so the only 1password account that I had saved since they made that change was auto-filling by default, because the hostnames matched exactly.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Bingo. :)

I'm glad that did the trick. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Here's a problem that I've been running into whenever I go to a website (Gmail for example) for which I have multiple accounts. When I press "cmd + \" I want to be able to choose the account I sign into, but instead 1password seems to be making an arbitrary determination of which account I sign into. Is this the intended behavior? Thanks very much in advance for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hey parekh,

I merged your post with this existing thread. Please see my post above. It's related to the subdomain of the URLs you have stored in your Login items.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

@khad

Thanks! This certainly solves my problem. Sorry about starting a new thread - it's just that I had no way of knowing that you moved my post, because I didn't receive any such notification.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

No worries. I'm glad that helped. :)

If it helps in the future, you can always see a list of all your comments (and the current thread they're in) on your profile page.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.