Forums difficult to find

Options
Calion
Calion
Community Member

There are too many steps to find these Forums. A link should be posted more prominently. As it is, here's the sequence one has to go through if you don't have them bookmarked:

1. Choose "Website" from the 1Password "Help" menu.
  2. Click "Support."
  3. Click "1Password (for your OS)."
  4. Click "Contact."
  5. Click "Please join us!" (which isn't extremely clear; you have to read the paragraph above for that link text to make sense)
  6. Click on the product you want support for (wait, didn't I do that in Step 3?).

OR you can choose "Contact Us" from the 1Password "Help" menu, a process which is shorter but perhaps even more confusing:

1. Choose "Contact Us" from the 1Password "Help" menu.
  2. Stare at the User Guide in confusion--didn't I choose "Contact Us"? Isn't this the same page I get when I choose "1Password Help"?
  3. Warily click "Contact."
  4. Etc.

It's actually somewhat easier and less confusing to just send an email, which I presume is not what you want. The website and Help menu need to be revamped and rationalized, and the Forums linked more prominently.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. Submit http://discussions.agilebits.com in your browser's address bar. ;)

I tease a little bit, but once you have already saved a Login (as I'm sure you already have), just select it from the 1Password extension popup or double-click it in the main 1Password application to Go & Fill.

This public community forum is also indexed by Google, so a lot of folks find it via a Google search.

That said, what you are seeing is our intentional management of the inflows here with strategic links and their placement. Our primary support channel continues to be email (support@ agilebits .com), and we have a lot more folks available to help via email than in the forums, so we do intentionally direct most folks to email for support. Of course we are always available to help right here in this community forum, but Joe User who just wants help right away without having to register an account here and post publicly is much better served by having email support more prominent. :)

I hope that helps explain the situation a bit, but I'll certainly pass your feedback along to the team. It is greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.