Extension Error with Chrome Webstore Version

theironborn
theironborn
Community Member

I have recently updated the 1Password application and removed the old extension and then installed the extension version from the Chrome webstore.

I was not able to enter my master password into the extension by hitting return or by pressing the unlock button. I could still enter the password but could not proceed any further. The command \ shortcut was not working.

After some time, I checked the extension again (clicked the toolbar button) and found that it was eventually unlocked. I never saw the "Syncing" count as per usual. The extension was working fine until I used it to login to a website. Now, the basic UI is there but none of my info is. The new password screen is also messed up. I also get a yellow "Extension Error" icon on the chrome toolbar button.

After some time again, the extension began working properly again. This appears to just be an issue with the time taken while loading the database.

Mac OS X: 10.6.8
Chrome: 26.0.1410.65
1Password: 3.8.21 (build 32009)
extension: 3.9.14.90

I love Agilebits and 1Password regardless,
Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I love Agilebits and 1Password…

Thanks! We love you too. Now let's see if we can get everything working well for you. :)

Could you post a screenshot of what you see in the extension popup as well as the yellow "Extension Error" icon? I don't think I've ever seen anything like the latter, but the former sounds suspiciously like a known issue in prerelease builds of Chrome. I'm sure you didn't just make up your Chrome version number, but can you confirm for me that you are using the stable version of Chrome and not a beta, dev, or canary build?

• weiran
    weiran
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Edit: I managed to fix this

• @weiran,

Thanks for the "edit" and letting us know you fixed whatever issue you were having. For the benefit of others who may read this thread, would you let us know details regarding the specific issue you were having (if different from the thread title), and how you resolved the problem? We would appreciate it. :)

@theironborn,

Are you still having the same issue you stated in your original post? If so, in addition to confirming the Chrome version, we'd love to see the screenshot @khad requested too. Thanks!

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member

I am using the stable version of Chrome. I redownloaded the stable channel version from Google and confirmed the same version number.

Screenshots:
    -The password enter screen where hitting enter or the unlock button seems to do nothing for some time:

-The 1P extension screens:

I also got a problem with 1P helper notification thing in the extension which looked like this:

The Troubleshooting report looked like this:

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member

Of course I would in normal circumstances have data in all of the 1Password pages

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please try the beta version of the extension we just released:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/chrome.html?beta=y

Do you see the same behavior?

Also, maybe you didn't mean yellow, but you said something about a yellow "Extension Error" above. The only "Extension Error" I see in the screenshots is what I call the RBOD (red badge of death) since it's, well, red. :) Was there ever a yellow "Extension Error"?

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member

What I meant by the yellow extension error was upon the Chrome settings toolbar button which looks like this:

It may have been unrelated

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I think it was likely unrelated.

How are things going when you use the beta version of the Chrome extension to which I linked above?

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member

Seems to be working just fine.

Thanks a lot!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. Please keep me posted. :)

• theironborn
    theironborn
    Community Member

I've been using the beta version of the extension for a while now and have encountered the unlock to the messed up password screen without logins a couple times.
    In most cases it works just fine. I can't pinpoint any condition which causes it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.