1Password extension for Google Chrome returns a blank

Options

Hi I've got Google Chrome v 28.0.1496.0 and the 1Password extension from the Google Chrome Web store v 3.9.14.90, and all I have been getting this last week is a blank box (with the left-side buttons vibrating when clicked but not responding). I have tried full reboot of my Mac of course, deleting the extension (followed by another reboot) and then a re-install of the 1P-extension for Chrome both via the main 1Password app and also via the Chrome Web store. The result is the same, a blank box (see image)! My main 1Password app is v 3.8.21 by the way.
!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're using a developer build of Chrome. This is a known issue. Please see the pinned topic at the top of this forum:

Support for Prerelease Browser Versions

We strongly encourage you to use stable browser builds if you want a stable browsing experience. :)

• Steelcapped
    Steelcapped
    Community Member
    Options

I am? I had no idea Google Chrome could upgrade itself into unstable developer's builds... Now how to find out how to roll-back and prevent future such updates...

thanks for your quick reply

• Steelcapped
    Steelcapped
    Community Member
    Options

have rolled-back to Google Chrome's latest stable v 26.0.1410.65 and everything is working fine now!

Thank You

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

You shouldn't ever automatically be updated to a different release channel (i.e. beta, dev, etc.). You need to switch channels explicitly. Now that you are in the stable channel, you should only receive stable channel updates.

• Henry Morris
    Henry Morris
    Community Member
    Options

Khad, I have the same problem, but please would you explain this: "Please see the pinned topic at the top of this forum" I have been trying to locate the top of the forum, but I can find neither the top nor the bottom! Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I linked to it in my first reply (#2) above:

Support for Prerelease Browsers

If you look at the list of topics in this category (Mac Browser Extensions) it is one of the topics that is pinned to the top of the list.

I hope that helps. Cheers!

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hey all, friendly neighborhood AgileBits support guy here.

If any of you see this and wonder "huh, why am I on the Dev channel of Chrome?" We've found that MacKeeper's Update Tracker will automatically update you from Stable (currently Chrome 26) to Dev (currently Chrome 28) without asking. We've informed them that they're doing this and are hopeful that they'll find a fix. I would suggest not updating Chrome using MacKeeper's Update Tracker for the time being or it'll just update you to the Dev build which the casual user shouldn't be using. It's pretty much expected that there will be bugs in the Dev channel.

Another we found was that MacUpdate Desktop will also update you to Beta if you click the update button and explicitly state you want to use the Beta build. They say there is no way for it to goto the Dev build, but if you can recreate it I'd love to see with some screenshots.

The general summary is that you should just let Chrome update itself. It's pretty good about this in most cases and using another tool to update it is probably overkill and may have unintended consequences.

Hope that helps those of you wondering why you're running the Dev builds when you didn't download it to begin with :)

This discussion has been closed.