Interaction of 1Password mini and 1Password 4

Started by stax,

If 1P4 is closed and you use 1Password mini to navigate to an entry and then select Edit, (if possible) it would be great if 1P4 could open at that entry. It works fine if 1P4 is already open.

• Werner85Werner85 Junior Member
    edited 9 Aug 2013 #3

Yes, please fix. Really annoying to manually select the required item again.

• I have noticed issues with editing items in 1P mini as well.

Some of the behavior I see happening:

1) If the main app is not open then selecting edit from 1P mini will open the app but not go to the selected entry.

2) When the main app is open and an entry is selected from 1P mini for edit then there are two possible behaviors.

• If the category of the item being selected for edit is already selected in the main app then it will take you to that item for editing.

• If the category of the item being selected for edit is not selected then it will only navigate to that category. Then selecting edit again will take you to the selected item.

3) When selecting edit from 1P mini and it takes you to the main app it would be nice for 1P mini to close instead of staying open until you click
    away from it.

• Still seeing issues donnywdavis has mentioned in b52. Hope it gets resolved soon.

• RobYoderRobYoder Agile Customer Care Administrator

Thanks, everyone! I've filed an issue about this in our tracker. We'll get it fixed.

@donnywdavis:

When selecting edit from 1P mini and it takes you to the main app it would be nice for 1P mini to close instead of staying open until you click away from it.

I'm not seeing this problem. When I click edit, 1Password mini goes away. Can you double-check and give me steps to reproduce the issue?

• edited 13 Aug 2013 #8

Hi @RobYoder. So it looks like if the main app is closed or in the background then the 1P mini windows are removed as expected. If the main app is selected and in the foreground then the 1P mini windows stay visible.

Ah, ok. Thanks!