1P shortcut conflict with default Google Doc shortcut in Safari

Options

Hi there, I'm just chiming in as another user whose work in Google Docs is significantly impacted by the devs choice to use a default Google Docs shortcut (Shift-Command-x) as a 1Password extension shortcut.

I love 1P but this is very frustrating. I'm leaving a new thread because all of the other threads on this are "resolved" but this is still an issue. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi @grodeska

I do apologize for the shortcuts issue you're seeing between 1Password in your browser and Google Docs. As you may have seen in other threads, 1Password for Safari doesn't contain a way to change keyboard shortcuts but we do have an open issue raised with the development team regarding this and working with our partners at Apple on.

If you did use another browser, you could change the 1Password in the browser's keyboard shortcuts by heading to the Extensions manager. For example in Chrome: chrome://extensions/shortcuts

ref: dev/core/core#8796

• aquafarr
    aquafarr
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Team - Has this been resolved?
    I have 22 team members on a business account with you. We are migrating from 1Password 7 to 8 and this feature makes no sense.

Please tell us there is a fix.

I've noticed older forum posts asking about this that were closed without resolution.

• morkeemork
    morkeemork
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen multiple other threads on this topic. When will 1Password stop hijacking cmd-shift-x in the safari extension?

You have a support article saying that this is configurable in the extension, but it's not.
    https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcuts/

• To customize these keyboard shortcuts, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and choose Settings, then scroll down to the Shortcuts section. Keyboard shortcut customization isn't currently supported in 1Password for Safari.

1Password browser extension version 2.21.0
    22100001, on STABLE channel

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: 2.21.0
    OS Version: MacOS 14.2.1
    Browser: Safari

• ag_tommy
    edited March 29
    Options

@morkeemork

From the page you linked too.

Shift-Command-X Open or close the 1Password pop-up in Chrome, Edge, Brave, or Safari.*

• To customize these keyboard shortcuts, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and choose Settings, then scroll down to the Shortcuts section. Keyboard shortcut customization isn't currently supported in 1Password for Safari.

Safari does not offer a way to customize the shortcut to my knowledge. I'll file this with the team to ensure they know this is something affecting you.

I would recommend considering an update to macOS when possible. 14.4.1 is available. Of course it could have been a typo, too. No worries just making you aware.

ref: dev/core/core#9365

• morkeemork
    morkeemork
    Community Member
    Options

Updating MacOS doesn't solve the problem.

How many times will you file this feature request before someone will be willing to fix it. I'm sure your team has a huge backlog, but given the number of threads I've read on this issue, it seems like this should get prioritized.

Also, you documentation certainly has a typo. You should at the very least fix that.

• ag_tommy
    Options

I did not indicate (updating) would help the given trouble you described. It was merely an observation that you were behind on updates.

Keyboard shortcut customization isn't currently supported in 1Password for Safari.

I'm not sure what you mean. It looks like this is mentioned. Did I miss something? It's possible. Please let me know.