Where is the 1Password keychain stored?

Options

As I mentioned in a post on one of your other forums (1Pwd4iOS), I had a problem after I installed that app on my iPad. Anyway, I can no longer get into 1Pwd on my Mac as I'm told there isn't a datafile. I was able to access 1PwdMac by locating an OLD datafile on a Time Machine backup and using it, However, I can't copy/move that file from the TM to my iMac: I'm told that I don't have permission to do it and I'm the administrator! I was able to get 1 copy moved to my iMac desktop, but when I try to use it, 1Pwd tells me it is corrupt. I have at least 10 years of passwords, software keys, etc. saved in 1 Pwd and I can't just start as if I was a new user. So any ideas as to how to get the keychain from the TM backup moved on to my iMac so I can use it from there? Fortunately, I did a sync with the iOS ver 3.7.2 app so I can look them up on my iPhone and then type the data in a log-in window.

Comments

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

Interesting update. Today, 1Pwd had "forgotten" the TM file I used yesterday and asked me again to either start as a new user or locate an existing file. So I found the file again and 1Ped opened. This time however, I did two exports: 1 to a PIF and one to text. If 1Pwd forgets again tomorrow, can I use the PIF as the location of an existing file? Or should I say I'm "new", create a new database, and then import the PIF into it? Oh, I was able to open the exported text file in Numbers and now I have it available for reference/use if I can't get 1Pwd fixed. BTW, I tried to use an old agile keychain leftover in my Dropbox folder when I was experimenting with it, but 1Pwd says it is corrupted also.

Edit: Why when I posted this at 8:03 A.M. PDT, does the post say 3:03 P.M.? If I am correct, that is the time in the U.K.; I thought Agile was in Canada?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like something is going on on your machine. Before you make any more changes — I'd hate to see you accidentally make anything worse — could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just saw your duplicate post in the other thread. Thanks for emailing us a Diagnostics Report! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

Yes, I created this thread because the problems were with 1PwdMac (even though they initially started with the use of 1PwdiOS4). I didn't think I should use the other thread to troubleshoot a non-iOS problem.

Edit: and my posts still are time-stamped with U.K. time instead of my California time. Is there a setting for these boards where I can set my time zone? Additionally, even though my notifications settings are for email, I'm NOT receiving any notifications of replies to my posts.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

I just read your USB Sync FAQ; will this work to get my data off one of my iDevices and use that to create a new data file for 1PwdMac:

Quote:

Now, follow this instruction to use iTunes to transfer a copy of your 1Password data from your first iOS device that has 1Password filled with data and store it in the following location: Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password

Note: On Lion or above, the Library folder is hidden by default. To quickly get to the Application Support folder, open a Finder window and select the Go menu > Go to Folder. Type this in the input field and then press Return:

~/Library/Application Support

1. Once you move it, double-click on it to open it with 1Password for OS X, unlock to make sure you can see the data and it’s the right one. Now, close it.

End Quote.

There is a iPassword.agilekeychain file there but it says it hasn't been opened since October 15, 2012, so it is very out of date.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2013
    Options

Is there a setting for these boards where I can set my time zone?

The forum time zone is set globally not per-user.

Additionally, even though my notifications settings are for email, I'm NOT receiving any notifications of replies to my posts.

Have you bookmarked the thread? You'll need to click the yellow star at the top of the page just below the search box to bookmark the page. Only then should you be receiving email notifications. Please let me know if that helps.

As for the issue with your data file location, Kyle has replied to your email. We'll continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

I'm going to close this discussion for now so we can focus our efforts on helping you via email, but please feel free to start another thread if you have any other issue(s).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.