iCloud sync not working for me. Initial sync OK, but no changes sync.

Options
jeffyatespdx
jeffyatespdx
Community Member

Just updated to 1P4 via MAS, already using latest iOS version on iPhone 4S. Switched both to sync with iCloud instead of Dropbox (needed to erase data on iPhone and start again in order to get iCloud data downloaded to the iPhone). Initial iCloud syncs seemed to be working, i.e. they go through the motions and report all OK. All the data from iCloud downloaded to the iPhone OK. Then I tried adding more items - I have around 50 existing secure notes, which appear on both Mac and iOS OK. I created a new secure note on iOS and it doesn't show up on the Mac. I created a secure note on the Mac, and it doesn't show up on iOS. I created a new login on the Mac (the login to this forum), and it never showed up on iOS. I have left iCloud to do its thing for >15 minutes, multiple syncs, with no luck. Restarted both apps, no luck. Looks like the initial sync worked fine, but subsequent changes do not sync. I have gone back to Dropbox syncing, and all is well again

Comments

• Hi @Jeffyatespdx,

That's strange. When you did this, do you recall trying to reboot both your Mac and iOS devices? Usually, it's kind of silly for an app to require a reboot but iCloud syncing is handled by OS X/iOS and often they get into a bad state. That usually requires a reboot to fix it.

Could you try that if you have a moment, we'd really love to fix this for everybody.

• jeffyatespdx
    jeffyatespdx
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to be working now. I re-enabled iCloud sync on my Mac and my iPhone, and then rebooted my Mac. Tried creating a couple of new entries on both and they synced OK. Made some edits, and they synced OK too.

Thanks for your help

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great to hear it's syncing okay now, @jeffyatespdx. Thanks for letting us know.

• djosephs
    djosephs
    Community Member
    Options

I am afraid I have an iOS iCloud AND DropBox sync issue. The sync gear won't stop spinning on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.2. A shut down of the app (double click home button to and swipe up in iOS 7 to terminate app) doesn't do the trick. I need to do a restart or full hard reboot. I also have the new 1Password for the Mac. Seems like syncing for both DropBox and iCloud is not working properly....help!

• Hi djosephs,

Did you have Dropbox/iCloud sync enabled in the iOS app before installing 1Password 4 for Mac and if yes, did it work fine syncing to another iOS device?

When you first installed 1Password 4 for Mac, did it ever pick up any data from the iOS app?

• djosephs
    djosephs
    Community Member
    Options

Mike - yes, I had icloud and Dropbox sync turned ON on my iPhone before installing 1password 4 for the Mac. Icloud worked fine to sync with1P on my iPad. I needed Dropbox to sync with 1P version 3 on my Mac.

I believe I remember seeing 1password 4 for the Mac picking up the fact that there was data in icloud.

I have tried deleting both the icloud and Dropbox data and staring clean but I still have problems. I have send a diagnostic report email yesterday.

Perhaps I can start clean under your instructions and do a restore. Whenever I install either the Mac or ios version it always seems to detect previous data when I think I have deleted it before starting.

Thanks for all of your help!!! Dave

• djosephs
    djosephs
    Community Member
    Options

Mike - a quick update. I installed everything clean and it seems that icloud is not the problem but the iOS app. It hangs frequently with the sync gear spinning forever requiring a restart (double-click home button, slide app up to close, etc.). When I manually restart the ios app, it syncs fine. The Mac version doesn't seem to have this issue.

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, but just with Dropbox: See http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16606/1password-shared-dropbox-vault-sync-doesn-t-work … reboot and close/reopen 1Password didn't work.

• Hi guys,

Sorry about missing this thread. Can you update to 1Password 4.3.1 for iOS, it should resolve the spinning issues and other issues with Dropbox.

Please let me know if it is working better or not.

This discussion has been closed.