Is syncing using a 'Shared' Dropbox folder for two or more 1Password users a supported config?

Options
mrbarker
mrbarker
Community Member

I sync my 1Password keychain to my Dropbox folder in Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.
I have shared the Dropbox/1Password folder via Dropbox with my wife.
She has this same folder in her Dropbox and syncs her 1Password kyechain to it.

Is this a common and/or supported configuration?

Comments

• pkananen
    pkananen
    Community Member
    Options

It should be supported. This is very common for families. Why have more than one dropbox account for a family?

• roustem
    edited October 2013
    Options

Yes. It is supported. This is one of the main reasons 1Password is still using the full Dropbox access that allows shared folders.

• wezlo
    wezlo
    Community Member
    Options

roustem, I'm glad it's still a supported configuration as it's how I keep my vaults synced between myself and my wife. Ever since upgrading to version 4 on my mac, though, any time I put my keychain in a shared dropbox folder syncing ceases to function. I get sync confirmations but the data remains unchanged across my devices. Any ideas on what might be causing the glitch? I know this is a major re-write so glitches are unexpected, but this is something I really depend upon...

Also, I love that I can use markdown in comments...

• mrbarker
    mrbarker
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem
    Thanks for the quick confirmation, I had thought that this had been mentioned in the past.

• @wezlo,

Unfortunately, it is a bug that currently affects Mac App Store customers in certain cases. Please see this post for more information:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87235/#Comment_87235

We have submitted an update that should fix this problem.

• wezlo
    wezlo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks roustem, I will wait to update my wife until the update comes out!

• Hi @wezio,

We did release 4.0.3 update to fix this but there is a different issue with Dropbox. Hold off for the 4.0.4 update instead.

This discussion has been closed.