Safari extension problem - "no vault"

Options
brucieb
brucieb
Community Member

Hi I wonder if someone can help

I have upgraded from 1P3 to 1P4 for Mac. The main application has all my data from 1P3. I have downloaded the safari extension. However when I launch and enter my master password I get an error message "No Vault, please open main application". It makes no difference whether the application is running or not. 1P4 mini also displays all my data but when I try to access this I am asked for my master password and again get the 'No Vault" error message. I have tried the Firefox extension but get the same issue.

I sync'd in the past with 1P3 and dropbox.

I had been part of the 1P4 beta test but had deleted it some time ago prior upgrading to the current version through the App Store.

I saw an earlier posting which suggested the following which I tried but didn't help

Open Terminal.app from the Applications > Utilities folder**_
Type in the following commands, one at a time:
launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper
launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper
Reboot the Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini

I have tried uninstalling the application and the extension several times all to no avail. Its's really frustrating.

Any ideas? Or is there a way to completely unistall everything to do with the application and get a clean new install (the data is backed up)

Comments

• Please try the following:

1. Open 1Password 4
    2. Hold down the Control key and select 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini
    3. Start 1Password again and unlock.

Can you unlock 1Password successfully and see your data there?

• brucieb
    brucieb
    Community Member
    Options

I have done this. Data still in 1P4 main application
    Safari extension still has "no vault error" after entering master password.
    Clicking on the mini app I can see data but clicking on any of the logins asks me for master password to unlock - and I get the "no vault" error again

Seems weird.

• brucieb
    brucieb
    Community Member
    Options

OK I have tried hard to resolve this problem. The latest understanding i have of my problem is this. Two 1Password minis are running screwing the Safari extension up and the rogue mini process keeps coming back on reboot even if it is removed.

If I go through the following procedure I can get the extension to work temporarily

Uncheck the "Always keep 1 password mini running" box in Preferences.
    Then go through the procedure outlined in my earlier post using the Terminal application to stop and remove 1Password mini running except don't reboot.
    The safari extension now works. In system monitor I can now see only one mini running
    If I now reboot the Mac with the Always keep mini running still unchecked the Safari extension doesn't work again.
    Also if I were to recheck the Always keep mini running box before rebooting the extension won't work.

It seems that the 1Password Mini process can be temporarily deleted but always comes back on reboot. Whatever is starting the launch of this process needs to be removed and then all will be well.

So my question to roustem is how can I do this?

• Hi @bruceieb,

I'm sorry that you're still having this issues. Could you email us your diagnostic report and include a link to this thread, so that we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

• brucieb
    brucieb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike

I eventually solved it after a lot of sleuthing. The issue was that there was two 1Password minis processes running as you had guessed. Even after deleting one through the procedure outlined above using the Terminal application (which temporarily solved the issue) on rebooting my Mac the second process started up again.

Eventually after much hunting around the hard disc for possible causes I found that there was still a 1Password application in one of my folders (I assume it was the beta version that I thought I had trashed from my hard disc but which obviously was still there in another folder (can't remember which now)) . Once I deleted this the second process stopped starting up on reboot and 1Password 4 now works really smoothly.

It would have been good to have an uninstall app for the beta version to remove all the components and hence remove the issues. But hey things are all sunshine now :-)

Regards

Bruce

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bruce ( @brucieb )

Thanks for letting us know you got things all sorted out! We were a bit behind in our support documentation, but we now have a guide to help beta users such as yourself through the uninstall process so that it is a more sunshiney process.

I do apologize for the inconvenience - if you have any further questions, we're here to help! :)

• jgeno
    jgeno
    Community Member
    Options

How 'bout a link to the guide to uninstall the beta (for folks like me who somehow must have unintentionally installed the beta)?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Try here for the leaving the beta guide.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.