Location of agilekeychain

Options
pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

In 1Pasword 3 for Mac, under Preferences > Settings, it showed the full path location of the 1Password.agilekeychain file. In 1Password 4 for Mac, this seems to have moved to a new location or disappeared entirely. Can I still find the full path name somewhere?

I think the file is located in Users > ˜myuser > Library > Containers > com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper > Data > Documents. Is this correct? Thank you

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

Close. It is actually in ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/ but it isn't in the typical agilekeychain file format. That is the raw database, which you shouldn't mess with.

If you need the keychain file, like for manually backing up or moving to a different computer, go into the 1Password Preferences > Sync screen and set it to sync to a local folder (like your desktop). This will create the single keychain file (folder bundle actually) from the multiple files located in the path mentioned above.

• What @Smudge said!

• carpetboy
    carpetboy
    Community Member
    Options

Until the wi-fi feature is functioning, what is the best method to copy the file into iTunes for manual synching. It was intuitive in V3 but not so much now.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@carpetboy:

1. Create the keychain as recommended in post #2 above.
    2. When your phone or iPad is connected to iTunes go to the Apps tab for the device and scroll down to the file sharing list of apps. Highlight 1Password.
    3. In the dialog box on the right you then have the option to add the keychain and it should immediately sync to your device.

I have done this successfully many times using it to transfer the 1P4 Mac beta keychain to 1P4 on iOS so it does work.

Stephen

• carpetboy
    carpetboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. So the desktop file becomes the permanent site for the keychain?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@carpetboy, you can direct it to whatever folder you wish (in the keychain creation step in #2 above). I'd be inclined to put it in some specifically named folder you can find easily.

Stephen

• In this case, the desktop file becomes the location where Mac app syncs its changes with. The Mac app will detect any changes made there and will automatically sync them.

• Matt72
    Matt72
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I was searching for that info since two hours!

• Sandie_joyful
    Sandie_joyful
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1P4 from the MacApp store and have installed it and told it to find my AgileChain file in dropbox, but my master password will not open the program. The window displays the "we found your data in Dropbox. Unlock it with your master password." Won't work. Now what?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Sandie_joyful

I saw a few posts in passing the other day that suggest a restart would solve the issue. or maybe it was a similar issue. Could you try that?

I apologize in advance... they were in passing I think it was a system restart. The same thing most likely can be accomplished by a logout/in.

This discussion has been closed.