Dropbox sync issues with updated MAS v4.0 and iOS v4.2.7

Options
ThomasB
ThomasB
Community Member

I've been using on my Mac Version 3 and sync with dropbox was working great with my iPhone and iPad v4.2.7. I updated to the new Mac App Store v4 and installed the new extension, removed the old one as you directed. On install, the Mac V4 synced all 324 items from my dropbox keychain correctly. October 7th is the date of the keychain file on dropbox. I made a backup. I added 3 items using MAS V4 and the database now says 327 items which appears correct. I made another backup October 9th. However, when I open the iOS versions, the new items are NOT being synced! For some reason, the keychain file on dropbox still has the date October 7th as if MAS v4.0 is not pushing the update to dropbox. I then added 2 new secure notes and made 2 password updates on prior login items. All items in the MAS v4.0 is now at 331 items. I made another backup October 10. There should be 331 items when I look at the iOS versions and they are still only showing the original 324 items. The database on the MAS v4 is correct with 331 items. The dropbox keychain file still shows the date October 7th. I tried deleting and reinstalling the iOS versions and resyncing again and it still shows only 324 items but on my MAS v4.0 it contains all 331 items. What is going on here???? You said it was OK to remove v3 after MAS v4 was installed and I did. There is something very wrong with this new MAS v4.0 version! Please advise and fix asap!

Comments

• ThomasB
    ThomasB
    Community Member
    Options

MAS 4.03 and iOS syncing correctly with Dropbox now. Thank you for the fix!

• Martin Rutherford
    Martin Rutherford
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I have been encountering the same issue. What was the fix?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this thread help at all: in particular post #60 by Jeff Shiner?

Stephen

• Martin Rutherford
    Martin Rutherford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I tried this however when I look in my dropbox folder it would appear that I have 3 keychain files! I'll try and align all of the apps to a single version of the keychain and hopefully this resolves the issue.

• ThomasB
    ThomasB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Martin, I originally had 1Password3 which put the 1 keychain file in the root directory on Dropbox. I did not moved this file and it's still in the root directory. Version 4.03 MAS correctly saw it and is now saving back to that file. I noticed the date of the file is changing again immediately after I add a new item. Then I opened up the latest iOS apps and they correctly synced. Hope this helps.

• GlennTurner
    GlennTurner
    Community Member
    Options

There don't appear to be any instructions as to how to move or create a 1password file or backup onto Dropbox. Meanwhile, Agile Bits will not accept phone calls nor will it answer emails. The software is unusable for IOS until further notice.

• ThomasB
    ThomasB
    Community Member
    Options

Glenn, on the MAS version, go to Preferences, then Sync. Mine shows Dropbox -> 1Password.agilekeychain
    On the iOS app, go to Settings, then Sync, turn on Dropbox. There doesn't appear to be a way to change a directory on the iOS app. All I know is that it's working like it used to.

• Hi guys,

I'm glad the 4.0.3 update helped. We have one more update coming to fix a different sandboxing issue with the sync. The receiving Mac might not show the updates right away, you'd have to lock/unlock or switch vault to help the app update the listing.

@GlennTurner, We only provide support via emails. Right now, we have a huge backlog that we're clearing as fast as we can, we received a lot of emails and we're still behind right now but we're getting closer. We will get to your email as soon as we can.

In the meantime, like what ThomasB said, you just open 1Password on the Mac, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync, and click on Dropbox to enable it as shown in this user guide.

On the iOS, open 1Password, go to Settings > Sync, turn on Dropbox, and it should pick up your data file from the Mac.

This discussion has been closed.