1Password Chrome Extension 4.0.0.23 → Login sometimes doesn't work

Options
theElvis
theElvis
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

I often use the shortcut to login in websites, but when i choose my login it is not filled into the input fields.
When i try again it sometimes works sometimes not. When i restart Chrome completly it usually works for some time and breaks an hour later.
Quite annoying because i use it a lot in several profiles and even in inkognito modus.

Another issue is when i hit the shortcut and use the down arrow it sometimes jumps to the top again

Does anyone else experience these issues?
Please fix this core feature! :)

My Console throws the following errors btw:

windows.getCurrent: No current window
at h (chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/code/global.min.js:35:514)
at WebSocket.m.onmessage (chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/code/global.min.js:33:288) _generated_background_page.html:1
Error in response to windows.getCurrent: TypeError: Cannot read property 'focused' of undefined
at h (chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/code/global.min.js:35:514)
at WebSocket.m.onmessage (chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/code/global.min.js:33:288) _generated_background_page.html:1

Comments

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

bump + another hint:

i use the 1Password Chrome Extension in several profiles: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?hl=en at the same time
    As soon as i open another profile, automatic filling + the extension is broken! :(

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

3.) issue:

can you prioritize logins in 1password mini + the chrome extension by usage?

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

is there an option to edit my posts here to give the bugreports some more structure?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@theElvis, you can edit a post only up to one hour after it's posted by clicking on the "Options" wheel on the post.

Stephen

• Hi guys,

@theElvis:

As soon as i open another profile, automatic filling + the extension is broken!

We're seeing some reports about this and are looking into it as we speak. For now, stick with one profile if you can. We'll issue an update as soon as we can fix this.

can you prioritize logins in 1password mini + the chrome extension by usage?

You can by favoriting the item, 1Password mini will bubble them up to the top of the list. Sorting by usage is something we'll look into in the future.

is there an option to edit my posts here to give the bugreports some more structure?

No, you only have an hour to edit your posts.

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

1.) thank you for your reply! :)

2.)

Sorting by usage is something we'll look into in the future.

would be great and i guess it's no big magic! :)

3.) One more issue:
    Sometimes when i use the 1password extension in chrome and try to choose the right object with the down arrow if flickers and jumps back to the first object again. Could be an issue because of the smart input.focus() which has delay

• Hi @theElvis,

Can you explain what you mean by:

Could be an issue because of the smart input.focus() which has delay

I've just heard about that focus thing, I cannot reproduce it. Can you give me more details as to how to reproduce it?

1. You're in Chrome, you open 1Password mini via keyboard shortcut or clicking on the 1Password button?
    2. You have Logins listed before you press down arrow or none?
    3. more details?

Thanks!

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

1.) You can see a simple Demo Video here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12822196/1pw-Bug-Demo.mov

• I am in my Chrome window and hit my customized shortcut "CMD + #"
    • You can see a some flicker when it opens + i hit the down key once after that + it jumps to the second entry.

Usually when i open it, the first entry is highlighted and a second later i see the cursor in the input field and is not highlighted anymore.
    Another way is when i open it and quickly hit down two times it flickers and jumps back to the top entry?

It's no solid and smooth and if i quickly use my keyboard it chooses the wrong entry.

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

Me again :)

i just used it with a site where i have ~8 logins.
    I hit CMD + # and hit the down arrow 6 times + Enter

What happens? It jumps back to the first entry and uses the first entry :( - quite annoying

• Hi @theElvis,

That's not what we're seeing at all. It always stick to the first selected item and there's no flicker at all.

Are you using a german keyboard layout?

Could you try switching the keyboard shortcut to something like CMD+Shift+M or a different letter that isn't reserved for something else, and avoid control + alt.

Does 1Password behave better?

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

unfortunately no: changed shortcut + same issue

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

slowly but surely it's very annoying that the extension permanently chooses the wrong (first) entry when i quickly choose another one and hit enter :(

(+ sorry about that: i am not sure if i am the right unpaid person to do the bug testing for you.)

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

post deleted

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

ok now i finally got the bug, 1passwords interferes with "Dropzone" http://aptonic.com/forum/topic/130/weird-issue-with-1password-4/
    They just released 2.8.3 which unfortunately doesn't fix the issue.

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

please read to the end of the issue there?
    Several Apps seem to interfere the 1PW Scope here!?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @theElvis.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble using the 1Password Chrome extension. We'd like to help you through email to get this fixed as quickly as possible so please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

✔ send on 21. Nov @11:11

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theElvis,

Thanks so much for sending in that Report - we'll work with you directly via email to ensure that we don't get anything muddled up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.