Login forms with 3 fields no longer working

Options
Ben George
Ben George
Community Member

I have several hosting control panel logins that use email, password and domain fields on the login forms (with those being the name attribute of the fields).

Since upgrading to 1password4 I've found that if I visit the page, then click the browser extension to login the form, it incorrectly completes the domain field.

It simply repeats the email into the domain field then submits the form.

I've had to turn off autosubmit for these sites as it doesn't work in either Chrome, Safari or Firefox.

In fact it's even more annoying than this, as for these sites I can actually add the domain field to the URL as part of the querystring, but even with that saved as part of the URL and the 'domain' custom field removed from 1password4 it still overwrites the domain field on the form with the email address.

I can see it load the form with the correct domain value in place (populated server side from the querystring) then overwrite the field when I go to use 1password.

It's almost as if 'domain' is treated as an alias for 'email' in the form completion system.

Comments

• Try creating a new login for that site like this:

Go to the login page and fill in your login details correctly, but do not submit.

Then, go to browser extension, click on the gear in the top right and choose "Save new login".

Try your new login on the site and see if it fills properly - hope that works!

• Ben George
    Ben George
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try that next time I create a new account - but this is about using all my existing account data from 1password3 - none of the 3 field logins to these control panels seem to work and re-creating all of them would be rather annoying to say the least!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I would also suggest re saving the login. Some of my sites that use 3 fields as still filling properly. Thank goodness .

• Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear it is working worse than before. We're using the same filling code (with some improvements) from 1Password 3 extensions in 1Password 4 extensions, there shouldn't be any major changes like that.

In fact it's even more annoying than this, as for these sites I can actually add the domain field to the URL as part of the querystring, but even with that saved as part of the URL and the 'domain' custom field removed from 1password4 it still overwrites the domain field on the form with the email address.

Don't save that in the Login item's URL field, 1Password will definitely overwrite the fields with the values it has in the Login item, so this is intentional. When asking 1Password to fill in, you're explicitly telling 1Password to overwrite anything in the fields with the values from the saved Login items, ignoring what you filled in.

Could you contact us at support+forum@agilebits.com with the link to this thread, we'd like to get samples from you and see if there's something we can fix on our side. If we can fix it, then we can push an update and everybody will benefit from this.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.