Sync with iCloud brocken

Phil7
Phil7
Community Member

Since the 4.3, synchronisation with iCloud no longer run.

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

Confirmed here on iPad and iPhone.
    I deleted the app on the iPhone and re-downloaded it and it gave me 4.2.7 and immediately offered to update, but I declined and iCloud is now working on the iPhone. This was a bit surprising to me, but the iPhones is definitely back to 4.2.7.
    Tried the same trick on the iPad but it gave me 4.3 again with same problem.
    With 4.3 it will sync once after a device reboot, then not again. No response to "sync now".

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member

Why no one of the team answers?

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

There are strong similarities with this thread about Dropbox syncing with 4.3:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16925/dropbox-sync-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-version-4-3#latest

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

Managed to reinstall 4.2.7 to the iPad, now iCloud syncing is working there as well.

Just have to make sure I don't inadvertently update them to 4.3 now.

• mozart11
    mozart11
    Community Member

Same here - I reverted to 4.12. Seems to be working now. Not sure how this version will hold up on iOS 7 though. Really weird all these bugs.

• daleedwards
    daleedwards
    Community Member

Unfortunately same problem here. Fairly vanilla setup,
    Mac with v4.0.3
    iPhone5 with v702. 1P v4.3
    iPad2 with v702 1P v4.3
    Usually synched via iCloud, but now phone app wont even open and iPad app only shows 92 out of 297 items.
    Dont really want to go back to Dropbox, but would love to have the sync working again.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

I think Dropbox sync is broken with 4.3 as well from this thread discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16925/dropbox-sync-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-version-4-3#latest.

The problems sound similar to iCloud sync problems which makes me think it is something to do with syncing in general not whether it is Dropbox or iCloud.

• GlennTurner
    GlennTurner
    Community Member

Dropbox sync is broken and unusable. Agile Bits will not comment on the problem, and does not answer email. I'm very upset that I purchased this program.

• mozart11
    mozart11
    Community Member

Sure seems the 1PW4 desktop I bought on the MAS and iOS app update were not ready for general release with the vast amount of bugs.

Today I'm spending time manually logging into my websites and have Mac OS Mavericks save the login & credit card info to Keychain. That way when Apple releases the Mac Keychain sync between Desktop on Mavericks OS and iOS 7 devices I'm good to go and will not have to use 1PW for website login any longer. I'll use 1PW then for software licenses, some personal info etc.

I've been using 1PW3 for years and bought 4 and it's second nature daily using 1PW - but I don't think fixes are in the near future.

• daleedwards
    daleedwards
    Community Member

Downgraded to iOS4.2.7 on both iPad and phone .... all working perfectly now with iCloud sync.

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member

This is all becoming a real pain. Using MacOSX and IOS versions of 1PW4, I found that Dropbox would allow me to synch between a Mac and both my IOS7 devices. Mac to Mac just doesn't work. I have just spent a couple of hours switching to ICloud synching. Mac to Mac works but not Mac to IOS or IOS to Mac/IOS. I shall now protect my data and revert to Mavericks when it is released. Sadly, 1PW4 released via the App Store just doesn't work as advertised. Sorry guys - it is time for me to move on.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Am I the only one for whom iCloud syncing among my Mac, iPhone, and iPad work fine?

• leimerlk
    leimerlk
    Community Member

iCloud sync not working for me either.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Have you tried anything that got it working for me as in this thread?

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

Am I the only one for whom iCloud syncing among my Mac, iPhone, and iPad work fine?

Seems like it since no-one has replied to my post!

Note I have got it working now as in this thread

Assume you are using 4.3.....I had no problem with 4.2.7

• sevendotzero
    sevendotzero
    Community Member

Same as others, iCloud sync only works the first time for me. Also noticed that my folders are not displaying their names. Another manifestation of the broken sync?

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member

I have spent another morning trying to resolve the synch problem. I have 1PW4 (MAS 4.3) installed on 2 Macs, an IPhone and an IPad. I turned off my phone and pad and set about getting the 2 macs to talk to each other via Dropbox. I finally resolved this by deleting the vault on each of the Macs in turn. Eventually, I ended up with a single vault - with data - stored under user/dropbox/1password/keychain - and they were talking to each other at last. I then deleted the apps on both the Iphone and IPad and I just couldn't get them to synch via Dropbox. Switched them off again and switched the 2 Macs to ICloud. Again, they seemed happy to talk to each other. I then reinstalled the app on my iPad and it synched to ICloud. Same with the IPhone. Unfortunately, as per the post above, ICloud synch is a 'one-off' event: the second attempt and I cannot log into the app. Come on AB, please tell us what you think the problem is and how hopeful are you of a quick resolution?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and really appreciate your patience.

We have been seeing some sync errors in this last iOS update, and our developers have been working around the clock to get them fixed. As Jeff says here, the source of the problem has been tracked down, and a new version has been submitted to the App Store. It will be released just as soon as it is approved!

In the meantime, if syncing does fail, restarting the app should kick it back into gear.

Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused.

This discussion has been closed.