No Rich Icons on iPad?

Options
MattDwnr
MattDwnr
Community Member

Hi there,

I downloaded the iOS version of the app yesterday and began adding my logins to 1password. I added all of my details including a web address and pressed save however a rich icon never appeared. I did this a few times and now have 16 sites saved but none of them have icons.

Do I need to "trigger" the finding of the images in a particular way? For example' will putting the address as www.facebook.com be enough to find an icon?

Also is there any way to add custom icons in iOS.

Just to clarify I have never used 1password on any other devices.

Thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Your problem may be associated with the AgileBits' image server problem mentioned in this thread (on the 1P4 for Mac forum). See particularly posts #7 and #11 in that thread.

Stephen

• MattDwnr
    MattDwnr
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! That explains a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @MattDwnr. On @Stephen_C's behalf, you're welcome. :)

Resolving this in 1P4 iOS probably requires an update iOS similar to the one recently made for 1P4 4.0.7.BETA-1.

• Tom Myler
    Tom Myler
    Community Member
    Options

Have a related follow-up question. I only do Wifi sync for security reasons -- no cloud sync. Will I still get the rich icons on my iPhone & iPad?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't seen a reply on this in my travels thru the forum void. :) I am glad you asked. @sjk or other staff do you have an answer.

• I could hazard a far flung guess, but due to the reworking of wifi syncing and the internal changes for the data format. I think the staff would be the best bet to answer unless @Stephen_C has seen mention of this. He's like I was a quite a few years ago, a walking encyclopedia on 1Password. No offense intended @Stephen_C that is a complement.
  • hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I see that the update to the iOS version that appeared today (version 4.3.2) says that it has fixed an issue that caused rich icons to not display.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I believe wifi sync transfers rich icons but haven't been able to find anything specific with a quick search of the forums. @thightower, thanks for the compliment: it's really only having too much time on my hands that does it! :)

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

I started that way. Since I travel about 90% of the year, 1Password is a life savior of doldrums in the hotel.

This discussion has been closed.