"Problem with Database" Safari 6.1, OS 10.8.5

Started by joenelson,

joenelsonjoenelson
edited 13 Nov 2013 in 1Password 3 Extensions #1

My 1Password 3.8.21 had been working well (used almost daily) with Safari 6.1 on my iMac OSX 10.8.5 when suddenly today it failed with notice of "Problem with database" including truncated instructions that could not be deciphered. I have not made any updates to 1Password, Safari or OSX recently - at least several weeks. 1Password works ok in Firefox. Many of the Agilebits discussions relate to Safari 5.1 or OSX Mavericks or 1Password 4. I'm not using any of those. I did not and do not have Private Browsing turned on. None of the help suggestions I found on Agilebits have been any use. Any suggestions?

  • MeganMegan Administrator

    Hi @joenelson,

    I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the Safari extension. Have you seen Khad's post here? I know that you mention not being on Mavericks, but the issue described in that post has more to do with Safari than the particular OS. Please let me know if this helps you out at all.

  • Thanks, I did go to Khad's post using the link you provided and problem solved following the instructions provided. I will say, however, I am having a terrible time navigating agilebits discussion forum. Khad's post never showed up in any of my searches.

  • MeganMegan Administrator

    Hi @joenelson,

    I'm so glad to hear that Khad's post solved your problem, but I'm sorry that you've been having trouble navigating the forums. I'll admit, it often takes me a while to find the answer that I'm looking for (and I'm a bit more practiced at picking out keywords than the average bear!) Unfortunately, the inflow has been high since the release of 1Password 4 for Mac, so we haven't been able to keep the forums as tidy and organized as we might like to.

    Please don't hesitate to start a new topic if you can't find the answer you're looking for - we can always merge your new post with an existing thread if we need to. :)