event on login button does not happen and credentials are cleared (IE9)

Options

1password will not sign me in using IE9. It fills the username and password, but no event on login button and after that credentials are cleared.

steps:
1. open 1p4 extention in IE9 (clicking key button)
2. click search
3. search for twitter of facebook (in my case)
4. OK
result: username and password filled, but no event on login button, after that credentials are cleared

NOTE: When you fill credentials again using 1p (clicking key and click on saved login in 1p) FB does log in, but twitter and pinterest not. Twitter tells me 'wrong combination of username and password. Pinterest thinks no password has been filled 'password required')

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

@redcat, please let us know whether the new update (412) solves this problem.

Thanks!

• redcat2102
    redcat2102
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

still having this problem in 412

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @redcat2102! We're looking in to this and hope to have it fixed in a future update.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

There is good news and there is bad news.

The bad news: when running inside IE9 (later versions of IE do not seem to have this problem, and neither do other web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox), then 1Password cannot fill pinterest.com nor twitter.com. This problem is not new to v4 because I have reproduced the exact same problem in 1Password v3.

The good news: there is a workaround. Enable "Auto-Type in web browser" for pinterest.com and twitter.com here:

Some login pages simply do not play well with 1Password. In those cases, we ask you to (a) use another web browser, or (b) enable Auto-Type. This solves the problem in 99% of the cases.

This discussion has been closed.