Where's the link to the forums?

pulpdoctor
pulpdoctor
Community Member

Maybe I'm just too impatient but I haven't found a link to the forum. Or more correctly, the link is present but in a different place. I would think that a link to the forum would be found underneath the Support link but it's not. Every time I want to go to the forum, I have to search in google for "agilebits forum." Let me explain a bit further. When I first wanted to go to the forums, I clicked on the Support "tab." That took me to the support page for your products, i.e., 1PW for Mac, 1PW for Windows, etc). When I clicked on 1PW for Mac, I was taken to what I'll call the Quick Start guide for 1PW. If I click on KB, that takes me to..well the KB. On that page, there's no link to the forums. If you click on Contact, well you can guess what happens there.

Yes, I know Agilebits forum should be first on my bookmarks ;), but it's not. This has been bugging me ever since the beta for version 4 came out and I posted a few times. From a customer standpoint, however, there's no indication that you have forums. And this is perplexing since you have such a great product. As a consumer, I would expect you to have a forums.

Am I missing something???

thanks.

Comments

• @pulpdoctor See Khad's response in this discussion:

Forums difficult to find

• pulpdoctor
    pulpdoctor
    Community Member

JasperP, thanks for the response.

Ah-ha. Now I understand :-/

Essentially Khad sez that Agilebits does this intentionally as I suspected and gives a reason. Notice I didn't qualify the reason. While I understand that not everyone wants to register, it seems to me that "power users" would be willing to register in order to post to the forum. And although I respect their reasoning, I have to respectfully disagree.

Additionally, as Kalid mentions, Agilebits has more people to help with e-mail support than forum support. However, if I were to send in an e-mail question, I never know how quickly the support team will respond. I would think that a couple of hours is a reasonable time period. HOWEVER, if thought a quick look at the forum would provide an answer, that's what I would do. Of course, YMMV.

Just my 2¢. And that's about what it's worth ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback on this, @pulpdoctor! We are always evaluating ways to improve, and we appreciate being made aware of your perspective. :)

• batguano
    batguano
    Community Member

I completely agree with pulpdoctor. I have to go through all of the same steps pulpdoctor describes each time I want to find the forums, and am always frustrated that there isn't a prominent link on the agilebits page.

Khad, I disagree with your logic that "email is better". Often, it's much easier to check to see if someone else has already reported the problem. For example, today I was able to find out that other people were having sync problems (http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17178/1password-ios-4-3-sync-issues-identified-fix-submitted-to-apple#latest) and that there was a workaround.

• pulpdoctor
    pulpdoctor
    Community Member

Khad and everyone else:

I just noticed that when you are using the main app, under Help, there is a link to the Discussion Forums. Now I will admit that I don't always think, "Hey, I bet a can get to the forums via the app Help menu" but if you think about it, it does make sense. So Khad (and agilebits) you're sorta off the hook for "Hey, where's the link to the forum page." But only sorta ;)

• @batguano If you have your forum account saved in 1Password, just select it from 1Password mini or double-click it in the main 1Password app to Go & Fill. Then you won't have to search for the forums every time. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Indeed, @pulpdoctor. Simply select Help > Discussion Forums from the menu bar in 1Password.

I always for get about this since I just use my existing Login item from 1Password mini as @JasperP describes (and I have said countless times before in other threads). :)

⌥⌘\ then type to find and press Return. Boom. Done. Works the same with any Login you have saved to make access to sites much easier. I don't even know half the URLs in my 1Password data file. Trying to remember URLs makes about as much sense as trying to remember passwords if you ask me. ;)

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

Is there a link to the AgileBits Discussions site on the AgileBits main Web pages? I couldn't see it? Why is it not more obvious on the Support pages? Please excuse me if I missed something obvious.

Thanks,
    Ashley.

• bogomil22
    bogomil22
    Community Member

You are right. This great community with nice, fast and friendly support should linked directly on the agilebits-support-site :)

But for more information, CLICK here

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Apologies to anyone who already saw my post in the other thread that @JasperP helpfully linked to earlier in this thread, but here it is again in case anyone missed it:

Once you have already saved a Login (as I'm sure you already have), just select it from the 1Password extension popup or double-click it in the main 1Password application to Go & Fill.

This public community forum is also indexed by Google, so a lot of folks find it via a Google search.

That said, what you are seeing is our intentional management of the inflows here with strategic links and their placement. Our primary support channel continues to be email (support@ agilebits .com), and we have a lot more folks available to help via email than in the forums, so we do intentionally direct most folks to email for support. Of course we are always available to help right here in this community forum, but Joe User who just wants help right away without having to register an account here and post publicly is much better served by having email support more prominent. :)

I hope that helps explain the situation a bit, but I'll certainly pass your feedback along to the team. It is greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.