Multiple Submit Buttons

I am trying to connect to a site that has multiple submit buttons for the login form. If I leave auto-submit turned on, it submits the first button that is the "Forgot Password?" button. I know the id / name of the actual login button, which doesn't change. I tried to find some way to specify what the submit button is, but could not find any support documentation, and the All Fields section only has options for associating a UserName or a Password to a specific field.

Is there any way to do this in IP3? And if not, please add it to IP4!!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @myramoki,

Whenever a Login is giving you trouble, the best thing to do is to manually save a new Login. This can update the Login's details and give 1Password the information that it needs to fill correctly. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• kleebaker
    kleebaker
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with http://www.rocklandtrust.com I can get the ID name to populate but 1Password is clicking the search button.

• Hi @kleebaker,

There isn't a way to teach 1Password which button to press, especially if you've already saved it as a new Login manually. That's the best way to tell 1Password.

For now, to handle this site better, I'd suggest configuring the Login item for Rockland Trust to turn off the auto-submit. To do this, edit your Login item, scroll down until you see the Submit option and change it to Never. When you fill with 1Password next time, you can press the button yourself or try pressing the enter key.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.