1Password data "Move to dropbox' button greyed out

I cannot select 'move to dropbox' for 1Password data so I cannot sync my phone app. This use to work but I had to re-install 1Password and it does not work anymore.

Comments

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

this may be a user issue, my dropbox install apparently is not happy. I will update once it is re-installed.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please do, @kdoucet.

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

I got Drop box working on both my PC and my windows phone 8 phone, I know I have added logins and also have modified several logins on the PC but. 1) my phone always shows 'no changes' when I sync and 2) the 'move to dropbox' button in Preferences is still greyed out on my PC. any suggestions?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If the Move to Dropbox button is disabled, it means either that your 1Password data is already stored somewhere in the Dropbox folder hierarchy or that you don't have Dropbox installed on that PC.

On the same tab of 1Password preferences, @kdoucet, what's the full path shown in the 1Password Data Folder field?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

If the Move to Dropbox button is disabled, it means either that your 1Password data is already stored somewhere in the Dropbox folder hierarchy or that you don't have Dropbox installed on that PC.

…or there is already another 1Password vault in your Dropbox having the same name

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

OK, Dropbox installed and working on PC and also on windows 8 phone. all files deleted from dropbox, folder is empty, also opened Dropbox app and deleted all files there. Opened 1Password Preferences > General > 'Move to Dropbox' button still greyed out. At least now the phone says it cannot find the keychain.

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

Question, If I did already have data in the dropbox why would it not update when I add or modify logins?

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

so I recreated the file structure in the Dropbox webpage, I uploaded all of the latest files and my phone finally was able to sync the latest logins. now all I have to do is upload all of the files every time I add or change a login I guess?

• kdoucet
    kdoucet
    Community Member

OK, for all Windows 8/8.1 users, the Dropbox 'app' in the windows store will not work with 1Password. You have to go to the Dropbox website, sign in and download the program from there. After my PC crashed and I got it back from the manufacturer I had time to sit and work though this, sorry it took me so long to get to the bottom of it. That's it, you cannot use Dropbox to sync your passwords with the Dropbox 'App' from the windows store.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @kdoucet.

At the risk of showing my ignorance, isn't the Windows Store restricted to apps for Windows RT?

(1Password is tested only in Desktop mode for Windows 8.1.)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

The Dropbox app in the Windows store is a "modern" app (previously known as a "metro" app). 1Password for Windows does not run in the modern/metro environment -- it runs in the (traditional) desktop environment. 1Password for Windows does not have access to anything running in the modern/metro start menu, including the Dropbox app. Please download Dropbox for 1Password here: https://www.dropbox.com/download

This discussion has been closed.