Feature Requests: Submit on username, saved CC numbers, and browser extension update notification.

Solipsism
Solipsism
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

First: I have a couple accounts that first want me to submit my username before I can submit my password. The reason for this is to show me an image and phrase to verify I didn't get lured into a phishing site*. However, I need to manually hit submit on the username login screen because 1P doesn't have an option to auto-submit on username.

Second: Many sites don't let you paste highly sensitive data into textfields. This means I need to transcribe the data manually. This isn't a big deal since it's usually done once per site, however these long strings of 14 to 16-digit MC/Visa/Amex numbers can be hard to read when all pushed together, even when using the very helpful anchor feature to keep the data on-top of the browser window. It would be nice to have an option for the saved values to be separated by every 4-digits just like on the actual cards.

Third: It would be nice to know when the web-browser extension was updated in case there is a bug in the extension, which is something I recently experienced with the latest beta version. On the Mac I'd think Apple's built-in Notification system would be great for this.

Huge fan of the product. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Comments

• Good morning @Solipsism!

I would like the ability to submit username forms automatically. We decided to only submit on password forms for several historical reasons, but things change and I would like to try enabling this again. No promises, but it will be something I'll play with.

Regarding grouping of credit card numbers, you can actually achieve this already by entering the numbers with spaces in them. 1Password will automatically strip out the spaces when filling and copying the values.

As for notifying about extension updates, in previous versions we used to show a welcome page that would include a changelog for the new version but it was removed because many found it too intrusive. Using Notification Center could work well for this. I'll play with this as well.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

• Oh, I nearly forgot to say something super important: thank you for being such an awesome fan! :)

• Solipsism
    Solipsism
    Community Member

Awesome! Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

On Dave's behalf you're awesomely welcome, @Solipsism. :)

This discussion has been closed.