1P 4 extension works with latest TorBrowser (...almost)

Options
froderick
froderick
Community Member

Tor recently came out with version 3.5 of TorBrowserBundle (TBB). Previous versions were based on Firefox 17 ESR, which the 1P version 4 extension does not support. This new TBB version is based on Firefox 24 ESR, and I'm happy to report that version 4.0.1 of the 1Password extension works... almost. The beautiful part is that since it appears to no longer rely on the helper app, no more kludgy hardlinks are needed between TBB and the default Firefox profile; you just install the 1P 4 extension in TBB and you're done.

The less-beautiful part is that currently, TBB isn't signed with a key recognized by Gatekeeper, so trying to autofill leads to the error dialog shown here (at least with the Mac App Store version of 1P which is what I have). I tried with TBB installed in ~/Applications and /Applications, but no dice.

Is it as I suspect and until TBB plays nice with Gatekeeper, I'll be cutting and pasting rather than autofilling?

(Note that the Tor devs are discussing getting an Apple-blessed key so this may end up getting fixed if they go ahead with that).

This discussion has been closed.