Master password not synced?

Options
Disco Stew
Disco Stew
Community Member

I went through changing master password today. Besides discovering that master password is not synced to Macs, it's not synced to android beta either. It asked me to set up sync with Dropbox again (reported issue with beta11), I had to enter a new master password to access keychain in Dropbox, but after sync I still had to enter the old master password to unlock 1Password on Android.

OK, I changed master password manually in Android Beta as well and noticed that password hint is considered as password as well. That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2014
    Options

Your new master password does not automatically sync to 1Password Beta for Android. You will need to manually change it in the beta by going into Settings -> Security -> Change Master Password. Alternatively, if you reinstall 1Password Beta, your new master password will take effect immediately. Please keep in mind, 1Password Beta for Android does not perform any sync and will not pull in your latest changes from Dropbox without unlocking your vault first. Sync only happens with an unlocked vault.

Thanks for your suggestion for using a clear field for entering your password hint, I'll pass on these details to our development team. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.