After update Logins are only visible in the Browser Extensions [Moved to Email]

linvie
linvie
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi- Sometime last week as I booted up the 1password application on my Mac (macosx 10.7.5) it told me an upgrade to 1Password 3 was needed. I don't even know exactly what I clicked because I didn't think twice about it. Once the "upgrade" was done, all of my old logins went missing from the application but I can see them in the browser plugins. HELP! According to 1PW application, I am on 3.8.21 which I'm pretty sure I was on before the "upgrade" happened. New passwords that have been created since the "upgrade" are being shown in the application but no old ones. I can't edit any previous logins. I really want to get things back at which point I will hit "print" for something more current than what I have. Please advise on whether I should be calling support, filing a ticket or just using these forums. I'm not sure what all the support mechanisms are for this product.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @linvie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. I'd like to take a closer look at your system here. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, please follow these instructions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

[Note]: If you use OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, generate the report by downloading a separate tool. http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• linvie
    linvie
    Community Member

Hi-
    I generated the report and mailed it as an attachment to support+forum@agilebits.com (note that the address in your post had some spaces that I assume were not intentional?). Thanks, Karen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Karen ( @linvie ),

Thanks so much for sending that Report in. We have received it, and one of our support team will get back to you shortly via email. (We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion or duplicating efforts between here and there!)

• linvie
    linvie
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. I am anxious to be able to see all logins restored in the application itself and not just in the browser plugins!

This discussion has been closed.