Does 1Password 3 safari extension work in Safari 7.0.2

Options

Hi
Could someone give me a definitive answer on whether or not safari 7.0.2 can use the 1Password 3 extension. I have just returned to using 1Password after having used Dashlane for the past 6 months. I managed to install my version 3.8.21 version of 1Password and on opening the application it asks me if I want to install the safari extension. When I say 'Install Now' the window disappears but no Safari extension is installed. When I look in safari preferences->Extensions there is no extension there for 1Password.

So, the latest version of safari not supported or am I doing something wrong? Also, where can I get a download of the V3 extension for safari to try and install it manually? When I look for the extension on your site I can only download the version 4 extension (or will the V4 extension work with 1Password3?)

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• fusionmat
    fusionmat
    Community Member
    Options

OK, less than an hour after posting this I found the solution - Isn't that always the way!!!???
    If you install the browser extension from the 1Password menu, it seems to download and update the correct version so all working fine now on Safari 7.0.2 and mavericks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fusionmat,

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get yourself sorted out, although I'm sorry that we didn't get to you in time to be helpful. :) If you ever need to reinstall the v3 browser extensions, they can also be found here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

• Neal124
    Neal124
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I have a similar problem with version 3 Mac now on Maverick. I did install the extension. The icon on safari shows a red circle (1). I enter my password and it starts says "connecting" while it counts. Firefox seems to work just fine. Chrome is another store. Says you need to install it when I have. Your thoughts are appreciated. Neal

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Neal124,

I've responded to your thread here.

This discussion has been closed.