I wonder about the relationship between iCloud and DropBox sync

Anton Von Sierakowski
Anton Von Sierakowski
Community Member

I have a desktop PC running Win 8.1 and an iPhone and iPad mini both with iOS 7.1. Within the settings of the two iDevices I have set both iCloud and DB sync on and this works but I am finding that both iDevices will reboot fairly often when I have been doing a lot of entries on 1PW on the PC. So I wonder as I want a three way sync and therefore need the DB syns, should I not be using the iCloud sync at the same time.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Anton,

Great question! When we initially released 1Password 4 for iOS, we had hoped that users would be able to enable multiple sync solutions at a time, but we found that many users were experiencing conflicts and sync troubles. I think that what you are seeing might be a result of having multiple sync solutions enabled at once. So at this time we are recommending that users pick the single sync solution that best meets their needs and use only that. Since you are using a PC as well as iOS, Dropbox is what you'll want to use.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• Thanks Megan, that's the conclusion I came to as well. And I figure when ever I'm on the road with just the iDevices, I will switch to iCloud sync and turn off DB. Pretty tidy solution and I'm happy with that. Cheers.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Anton,

I'm glad I was able to help! Please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• OlMike
    OlMike
    Community Member

To be clear......I presently have both iCloud and Dropbox set to sync. (I use a Mac and iPad). Your suggestion is to use one or the other?

Is this affected by the use of wifi sync manually sometimes?

I live where internet access is slow and sometimes non existent. That is why I like having the option of wifi sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OlMike‌

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, we do recommend selecting either iCloud or Dropbox or Wi-Fi. The option to have multiple solutions enabled at once will be removed in an update soon, so its best to pick your favourite now and use only that.

You will, of course, always have the option to Wi-Fi sync, but you will need to (at least temporarily) disable iCloud or Dropbox to perform a sync.

I hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any further questions. We're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.