Licence problem with new Mac

Hi, I bought 1Password 3.8 in 2012 and was given a licence number. My old MBP just died and now I've installed 3.8 on my new Mac. However, the password I was given then, is not accepted even though it worked perfectly on the old machine. I get this message "The license key you entered is for an older version of 1Password. Please upgrade your license to receive a new key."
Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smartgrafix‌,

I've found your account information based on the email address you used for your forum account, and you do indeed have a license for 1Password 3 for Mac. I'm re-sending your license details to your email address. This license should work for you!

As a side note, 1Password 4 for Mac is on sale until the end of today (Friday) ... I'm not saying you need to upgrade, but if you want a shiny new version of 1Password to match your shiny new Mac ... now would be a great time to snag a new license! (end sales pitch.) :D

• Massimiliano Bonin
    Massimiliano Bonin
    Community Member

same problem here! Reinstalled lion on my Imac, installed 1password 3.8 and...

the license for 1password3 i got by email give this result...

"The license key you entered is for an older version of 1Password."

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Massimiliano,

I've found your license information in our back office records and re-sent you your current licensing information to you. Please let me know if this license does not work in 1Password and we'll investigate further!

• Massimiliano Bonin
    Massimiliano Bonin
    Community Member

Ok this one works! Ty for the super fast support!

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Tony Panero
    Tony Panero
    Community Member

I downloaded 1password 4 yesterday and bought a family license today. I did not receive a license file; instead I received a license key in an email that says to enter the key via 'Help'. Did your system somehow decide I bought version 3? How do I get the license file I need for my computers?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Tony,

I'm so sorry for the confusion here! I found your account information in our back office records from the email address attached to your forum account. It appears that you purchased a family license for Windows. Did you mean to purchase a Mac+Windows family bundle or a Mac only family bundle? I'd be happy to help you get this straightened out - just let me know which license you need. ;)

This discussion has been closed.