Can't import SplashID .vid file into 1P Windows

Options

I am testing 1P as a possible successor to SplashID. I cannot get the 1P trial version to see the SplashID.vid file in the Import dialog (there's no .vid extension option).

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find a thread on the Windows side, and I'd like to hurry and catch the sale if I can....

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

I don't know anything about the .vid file format.

If SplashID has an option to export login credentials (URL, username, password, and item name) to a comma-, tab-, or semicolon-delimited text file, then 1Password for Windows can import them.

Note that only login credentials are imported in delimited text. For details, see the "How do I import data into 1Password?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

• toddmartin07
    toddmartin07
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in same boat... i bought the app in hopes that i could move from splash id's annual $$ but I can't import either a splashed export vid or csv... such a waste if i can't import my existing db... splashid has all my pwds from mavericks keychain too... i hope the fix or i will be asking for refund.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

@toddmartin07‌, it sounds like SplashID can export to comma-separated value (CSV) format. Is that correct?

If so, please post a line or two the output here. Be sure to obscure any confidential information first!

I'd expect each line to look something like this:

http://amazon.com,fake-address@e-mail.biz,fake-password,fake-Amazon-account-ID,other-stuff,maybe-other-stuff,maybe-even-more-stuff

We'd just need to see a line or two, to get an idea how it's laid out.

Again, do not post any confidential information in your reply!

• toddmartin07
    toddmartin07
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@DBrown‌ Wow, thank you for the response, I exported my db from SplashID Safe Version 776 7.2.1, Build 776W ... the CSV is plain text

`SplashID Export File

Web Logins

best buy

XXX

XXX

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com

XX

XX

February 09,2014

Personal

Combinations

Warp lab

XX

March 25,2014

Personal

Passwords

fbwtg

fbwtg router (4500)

XX

XX

March 25,2014

WARP

`

If you can give me a direct way to work with you, i can share an edited csv file but won't post it...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, that is unfortunate. :(

The point of a comma-separated values file is that each row contains a record, and that the values (the fields) in that row are separated by commas. You can read about the expected format in that article I cited in my response, above.

I can't even identify a consistent pattern in what appears to be three sets of login credentials.

How many such sets of login credentials do you suppose you need to import?

• toddmartin07
    toddmartin07
    Community Member
    Options

I have a 144 records... mixed between work and home categories. Yeah, it's too bad i can't import, on some of the entries i have quit a bit of data saved up... you guys have a nice app, but may just not work for my needs. I do like the mini component and the integration... I'll have think about if i want manually transfer or not.. i appreciate the help though!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toddmartin07‌, If you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, you might be able to use the instructions now included in the "Import data" topic in the user's guide. SplashID is shown as an example of delimited-text import for Login items.

Tip: If you have access to a Mac, another alternative would be to use 1Password for Mac in free trial mode to import many item types from a .vid file. I'm adding instructions now, in the 1Password 4 for Mac user's guide. (Once the items are imported, you could sync them back to your PC.)

This discussion has been closed.