LastPass got it right.

Options
BobQuentok
BobQuentok
Community Member

Don't get me wrong. I know that the current Beta of 1Password for Android is still... in beta and that you will improve it during development.

I guess the not-so-androdish design has been covered in another thread, so I'll not mention it here.

A few weeks ago, LastPass introduced the usage of Android's Accessibility Service and I think that this is the right way for an Android app: to use Android's capabilities!

Just watch this and you will understand why this awesome and 1Password should offer this too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFVLzqju4wQ

I hope the 1Password devs will consider this, since logging into apps and websites (using Chrome) was never that easy on Android!

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

This is pretty slick. I'm reminded of how ugly LastPass is (and is one of the reasons why I chose 1Password over LastPass), but this functionality is light-years ahead of the "launch 1Password, unlock with master password, find login and copy password, switch back to application, type in user name, paste password" functionality that 1Password offers on mobile today.

Someone else recommended on these forums putting a permanent 1Password entry in the notification shade that can be clicked to fill passwords. That to me sounds like it could be an even better solution than this one, and I'm sure there are many other possibilities as well. Unlike iOS, Android offers lots of powerful integration options, and I hope to see something hit the Android Beta stream soon that will really blow us away.

• saad
    Options

Hi @EnerJi. Thanks for your support of 1Password. You're absolutely right, Android is much more open than iOS and we should take advantage of this.

We are definitely looking into making 1Password more universal throughout the Android operating system. We have some great ideas our development team is looking into for future updates. :) Thank you both for your feedback, I'll let our team know. :)

• wusyc
    wusyc
    Community Member
    Options

I am glad that someone brought up LastPass's latest features on Android already. I stick to 1Password because it works better on my mac and ipad. I use Android phones and expect more flexibility and functions from the apps - 1Password must consider this types of functions that the OS allows. Please urge the developer to put these type of functions (like auto-fill) in high priority!

• Yasmine
    Yasmine
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Would love to see 1password take advantage of Android like LastPass has.

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    Options

Damn LastPass is ugly... but that is a pretty neat feature.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

+1 For this. Would be awesome to have this feature. Let us know if it is in development.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for encouraging us to implement this feature. We are always looking for opportunities to integrate 1Password with each of our platforms in new and better ways, and this is definitely one such opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.