How to relink app to dropbox

Options
alanbh
alanbh
Community Member

I've been updating all my passwords and also revoking auth tokens. When I got to dropbox I saw that I had two apps linked; old and beta 1P I assumed. Wanting to be thorough I unlinked the two 1P apps via the DropBox Security Settings, figuring I would be able to re-link them from within the 1P apps. This approach worked fine for the old app and I was able to unlink and relink to dropbox from within 1P. For the beta I see no such option and get an error when I sync (ERROR:DropboxUnlinkedException (null)).

My question is how to make the beta version request a new auth token?

Comments

• musolch
    musolch
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem. I was updating/changing a good portion of my accounts/passwords and ran into the same issue with dropbox. I was just going to set it to sync locally but tried a couple of things. Ended up having to delete the beta and then reinstall the app. Then when it tried to sync to dropbox it thought it was syncing for the 1st time and synced correctly. Obviously not the best way nor most efficient but it worked.

• alanbh
    alanbh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

• saad
    Options

At the moment, there isn't a way to re-link 1Password to Dropbox without reinstalling 1Password completely. Thanks @musolch for pointing that out! I'm glad to hear it worked.

This discussion has been closed.