1P 3.7.2 on iPad and 4.2.2 on Mac -- no way to sync?

Options
Riadsala
Riadsala
Community Member

I fear the answer to this question is 'no', but is there anyway to sync my iPad and Mac running the above versions of 1Password? I thought at least I would be able to use iTunes and simply transfer the file (which is stored on Dropbox) to the iPad, but 1Password doesn't appear in the list of apps in iTunes which can transfer files.

Any solution to this? OK - I'd love to buy a new iPad, but that's not really possible at the moment! :)

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Riadsala,

Wifi sync to 1Password 3 for Mac is the only way to sync 1Password 3 for iOS.

You can use 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary between version 3 on iOS and version 4 on Mac. This means you'll open 1Password 3 for Mac to do a sync with the iOS app, then the changes will automatically sync between the two Mac versions.

If you're interested in doing this, here's how:

• First, you will need to download 1Password 3 for Mac again if you no longer have it.

• It's available for download here.
      • If you are a Mac App Store customer, and need a license key for version 3, please send a copy of your Mac App Store receipt to support+sales@agilebits.com and we'll be happy to give you one.
    • Next, you need to setup sync between version 3 and version 4 on your Mac.

• Setup Dropbox or local folder sync in 1Password 4 for Mac (if you haven't already).
      • Open 1Password 3 and select the .agilekeychain file that you created above when setting up Dropbox or folder sync.
    • Now you're set to sync 1Password 3 for Mac with 1Password 3 for iOS, and have the changes sync to 1Password 4 for Mac.

Please let us know if you have any questions. :)

• Riadsala
    Riadsala
    Community Member
    Options

Great! That worked fine, so I'm now all back in sync. It's a neat workaround given the situation. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Riadsala‌

On behalf of @JasperP, thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! If we can be of any further assistance, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.