Unable to setup Dropbox sync

Options
mrmike
mrmike
Community Member

I had been using iCloud to clone my password data manually by copy/paste from 1Password on my Mac but I broke down and installed 1Password on my iPhone. I am trying to setup Dropbox, and it syncs to Dropbox from the Mac fine but on my iPhone it can't find the data in my Dropbox. From the error it looks like it's looking for a 1Password.agilekeychain file but Dropbox on the Mac isn't creating one of those, it's creating a .agilekeychain. I tried creating a new vault called 1Password but that didn't work either. What am I missing.

Comments

• mrmike
    mrmike
    Community Member
    Options

That should read "Dropbox on the Mac isn't creating one of those, it's creating a VaultName.agilekeychain"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrmike‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password synced up on all your devices. At this point, the iOS app isn't quite smart enough to handle multiple vaults in Dropbox. 1Password 4 for iOS will be looking for your primary vault, which should be titled 1Password.agilekeychain and stored in a 1Password folder at the root of your Dropbox folder.

Are you trying to sync a secondary vault to your iOS app?

• mrmike
    mrmike
    Community Member
    Options

I was. I guess I'll duplicate everything over to my primary vault for now. Is multi-vault awareness on the iOS roadmap?

• Jasper
    Options

Multiple vaults are coming very soon to iOS. Please stay tuned. :)

This discussion has been closed.