Vudu.com (Chrome and IE); extension keeps locking (IE)

Zonker
Zonker
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The vudu.com site will not automatically save the login information. After manually saving the login information, the 1p saved information cannot bring up the login screen and sign-in. This is true for both Chrome and IE.

On a side note.. how do you get the IE 1p plug-in to stay persistent (after providing the master password) during a browser session? Every time I select a login, in IE it asks for the password. Chrome does not exhibit this behavior. Using Windows 8.1

Thanks,

Z

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Zonker‌.

The coding of the login page at vudu.com does prevent 1Password for automatically saving a Login item for you (I tried in both Chrome and IE), so I launched the main 1Password program and created a Login item "by hand":

Then I revisited the site in both Chrome and IE, click the "log in" link, and pressed Ctrl+\. In both browsers, the 1Password extension filled the form with the credentials I had saved. If your Login item looks like the one shown above, it should work for you, too.

I wasn't able to reproduce the repeated locking you described in IE, though. What are the lock-related settings on the Security and IE tabs of 1Password preferences on your machine?

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

Then I revisited the site in both Chrome and IE, click the "log in" link, and pressed Ctrl+\. >

Well that's not techie! :ar! Right.. was able to do that but was looking for more automation from 1P. Thanks for verifying

I have left all of the security on default settings that came with the install (all three Auto-lock boxes are checked). It also brought up the Windows Protected Mode dialog box, but checked the box to dismiss future notifications. So not sure if the cause is at Windows 8.1 security level of 1P security.

Z

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Are you running IE in Enhanced Protected Mode?

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member

I checked under the Advanced tab in the Security section and of IE 11 and the Enhanced Protected Mode is not checked

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Zonker.

On the IE tab of 1Password preferences, do you have the "Keep 1Password extension unlocked when Internet Explorer is closed" option enabled?

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member

No that was unchecked by default. I expect to have IE lock when I close the browser, but the problem is when I have the browser open and I select different logins.. it always asked me for the password.

Is this the workaround to the problem? Just check and leave the plug-in unlocked at all times?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I haven't been able to reproduce that behavior, @Zonker, but I've asked Development for suggestions.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Zonker, Development asks that you try resetting IE, as described in the Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Please let us know whether that helps.

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member

Yes that seemed to do the trick..

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @Zonker—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.