Internet Explorer is denying access to a <frame> because it is on some other domain

Options

I understand IE is preventing cross scripting as a security measure which causes the above error.

The same login works fine in Firefox. Does that mean that the Firefox browser is less secure or do they have a different method of preventing the cross scripting or in allowing access to your extension?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It means only that Firefox (and the other non-Microsoft browsers, for that matter) don't make the same blanket assumption about cross-domain forms being inherently dangerous.

Note that you can still copy your username and password from 1Password into that form, and you may be able to use the Auto-Type feature in 1Password for Windows to fill it.

• dgeoffb
    dgeoffb
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the Auto-type feature and the fields were not filled in. If I tried the login again from the browser extension while the first instance was still open another tab was opened however the username & password on the first instance were filled in. This also locked up IE solidly and I had to use task manager to end the session.
    I will go ahead and copy & paste for now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What's the full URL of the login page where you're seeing that behavior?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just visited that URL in IE 11 on Windows 7, typed in a fake username and fake password, submitted the form, and accepted 1Password's immediate offer to create a new Login item.

Then I visited the URL again, and pressed Ctrl+\. 1Password filled the fields with the fake credentials I had entered before.

So I'm not able to reproduce any of the problems you're reporting. :(

Please let us know if there's anything else I should be trying, in order to more accurately simulate what you're doing, in hopes of seeing the "cross-domain <frame>" problem or the failure to fill the form.

• dgeoffb
    dgeoffb
    Community Member
    Options

A classic case of "Operator Error". I Unchecked the "Use Auto-type" and set the submit to "If auto-submit is on" instead of "Always" and everything worked as you indicated.

I clearly have lots to learn yet :)

Thanks for your prompt responses.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @dgeoffb—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.