Memberships with password?

Options
nasht00
nasht00
Community Member

I am new to 1Password.
I started using the concept of "categories".
As an example, I added my frequent flier number. As a member, I also have a password to login on their website, which I've added in the virtual card.
Now say I want to use the built-in browser to login - will it show items from all categories? Or only "Logins" items?
It doesn't seem to show... Am I supposed to enter it twice??

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nasht00‌

Thanks so much for choosing 1Password to keep your data secure and organized!

As an introduction, I'd like to explain just a bit about how categories work in 1Password. The 'important' categories here are your Logins, your Credit Cards and Identities. I call these important because they have been designed in such a way that they can be filled in on websites using the browser extension. All other categories have been added to help you otherwise organize your digital life.

So, to use the example of your frequent flier number, this could have several entries: a Login with your username, password and the website to access your account, and a 'Rewards' entry with all your other account details.

If you don't want to have multiple entries for your frequent flier account, 1Password has custom fields, so you can add your card number and any other relevant details to the Login entry.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions! :)

• nasht00
    nasht00
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it helps and I understand.

However, I think it's not very user-friendly to work this way.
    It would make more sense if any category item could be used as a Login, or if you could link a Login item to any item.
    Today, most memberships, credit cards, bank accounts, reward programs, etc ... all have a website you can login to. Because of this, I probably won't use the categories you've created for those - and will only use "Login" for everything...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nasht00‌

Your feedback here is much appreciated! It's always great to hear from users and learn how they use 1Password. We do our best to ensure that 1Password is as user-friendly as possible, so it's good to know when we might be able to polish things up a bit. ;)

This discussion has been closed.