1Password for IPhone Included in the Family bundle?

Options
KarlB
KarlB
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Hello,
I just brought the family bundle after going through the wizard and indicating that I needed 1Password for Windows, Mac, Android and Iphone.

Maybe I didn't read it properly but I assumed there would be the one off price would cover everything.

After trying to download it off Itunes for iphone is seems that I have to pay for this to download.....
Is this it or is there another way to do it? Because if I brought a bundle I wouldn't have thought I would have to pay more...

thanks

Karl

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KarlB,

I do apologize for the confusion here. Unfortunately iOS apps have to be purchased from the App Store, so we are unable to offer them as a part of the bundles that we sell on our website. The good news is though that the iOS app is also on sale this week! You can pick 1Password 4 for iOS up in the App Store. It's a universal app, so it will work on all your iOS6+ compatible devices (both iPhone and iPad).

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• KarlB
    KarlB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply,
    in Aust we pay more than the rest of the world... so don't know if there is a discount there. ha ;)
    I presume though that if I have 2 iphones I have to pay twice....

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome.

As long as both iPhones use the same Apple ID, a single purchase will do. :)

• Jakob Lithner
    Jakob Lithner
    Community Member
    Options

Megan says "It's a universal app, so it will work on all your iOS6+ compatible devices". That sounds great. I decided to order a Windows family pack and 5 individual iOS versions ....

BUT, now the AppStore says the 4.5 version is only valid for iOS 7!!! Did you change this right now one week ago???

All our iPhones are 3GS with iOS versions 6.X ... Does this mean you require us to buy new iPhones for the whole family to use your product?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jakob,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion here. Yes, 1Password 4.5 for iOS has been made iOS7 only, however, you can still download 1Password 4.3.2 for your iOS6 devices. Please follow the instructions on Apple's support page.

This should get you all set up, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• db411
    db411
    Community Member
    Options

I still don't understand how to download 1Pass 4.3.2 for iOS6. The link you show above to Apple support explains how to download an app that was previously purchased. I have never purchased 1 Pass for iOS, how do I purchase 4.3.2 from the Apple store for the first time? The only version available is 4.5.1.

• MrRooni
    Options

Apologies for the confusion here @db411‌, but there is no way for you to purchase 1Password 4.3.2 for iOS 6. There is, however, a possibility that if you purchase 4.5.1 you will be given access to download 4.3.2 for your iOS 6 device. That possibility is undocumented, however, and I can't say with 100% certainty that it will work that way. There are ways to get refunds from Apple for your App Store purchases, so the risk of trying is fairly low if it doesn't work out. Let me know what you decide.

This discussion has been closed.