Internet Explorer locks up when capturing a new login

Options

This doesn't happen every time... seems to be about 50-75% of the time. When entering a password on a new site that doesn't have a 1Password entry yet, the window pops up to ask if I want to create a new entry. I say yes, and the IE window locks up and refuses to accept any further input. Must be killed with Task Manager. I should be running the latest version of 1Password because (like lots of folks I would assume) I just became a user on about 4/12/2014.

IE11 on Win7 SP1 64-bit. 1Password for Windows version 1.0.9.340. Not sure what else to provide.

And before you suggest to use another browser, IE needs to be my primary browser on this machine because, unfortunately, a lot of sites I visit for work are dependent on functions that are only present in IE.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The extension for IE that's compatible with 1Password 1 for Windows requires that you use the 32-bit version of IE.

If you need to use the 64-bit version of IE, please join the 1Password 4 for Windows beta program, and let us know how that works for you.

• EricReiner
    EricReiner
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the same problem with IE11 on Windows 8.1. My understanding is that IE 11 runs 64bit and 32bit at the same time so there is no way to know if a session (or tab) is 32 or 64. Any timeframe on support for 64bit so the "risk" of clicking Add Password is removed?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I believe the window displayed by the "about" command in IE will mention "64 bit" if you're running 64-bit IE and that, otherwise, you're running 32-bit IE.

The extension included with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, includes support for 64-bit IE. If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by joining the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@EricReiner please open your Internet Explorer settings (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced) and then turn OFF these two settings:

• Enable Enhanced Protected Mode
    • Enable 64-bit processes

1Password should now work with IE11 on Windows 8.1

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @svondutch!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marksmyth‌ Can you send me your steps, please? I would love to reproduce and fix this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.