Dropbox password not accepted during sync setup

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox Master Password.

Comments

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member
    Options

I think my question is similar, yet different. Recently changed my Dropbox password and decided to sync via iCloud instead. That didn't work. Tried to sync via Wi-Fi, which also didn't work. Went back to Dropbox but neither of my 2 iPads will accept the Dropbox password (old or new). Arrrrrgh!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wildbill3,

Your Dropbox password (for its application and website) is different (or definitely should be!) than your Master Password for 1Password. Did you also change your Master Password?

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. No change in Master Password. It works fine on all devices. I have an iMac, a MBP, iPad 2, and iPad Air. On the iMac is my "master" list containing the new (reset) passwords which, of course, I want on the other devices. On the MBP, 1Password says it has synced with Dropbox but the new passwords are not there; just the old. On both iPads, I get to the point where 1Password asks for my Dropbox password; I enter it, but 1P keeps telling me "Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct." I have verified it repeatedly, typed s-l-o-w-l-y, and still no joy. Separately, when I enter the Dropbox App directly, I enter the password manually and it is accepted. I'm scheduled to demo 1P next week and would really like to have this resolved.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @wildbill3,

Could you please let me know which version of 1Password you have on your iOS device? You can reference this screenshot:

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, Jasper. Both iPads have the iPad version. Both the iMac and the MacBookPro have version 4.2.2. Any help will be appreciated.

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I omitted the number. The iPads have 1Password for iPad version 3.7.2.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Dropbox has discontinued the API that 1Password 3 for iOS uses, so unfortunately 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer able to sync with Dropbox.

Our latest version, 1Password 4 for iOS (released in December 2012) has the latest Dropbox API built-in. You can read more about this situation here: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

Sorry I don't have a better answer!

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member
    Options

Well, just call me a bear because I must have been in a cave the last year or so! Thanks for the wakeup call. I downloaded 1P4 on both iPads and they work perfectly. I knew I could count on you guys!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wildbill3‌

On behalf of @JasperP, thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password 4 for iOS so far. If you run into any snags, please don't hesitate to ask - we're happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.