Dropbox sync issue

Options
macmikeal
macmikeal
Community Member

I have 1Password set up on my MacBook Pro and my iPad and my wife's iPad. I set up a vault on my 1password install on my MacBook Pro called Reba's Material that I want to be her Primary and be her material on my other Apple products. I have synced that Vault to Dropbox in 1Password/Reba folder. When I went to her 1Password install and used Dropbox her it wouldn't let me drill down to her material but took my primary vault and made it her primary vault as well. How can I on the iOS version get the install on her machine to take its data from the right folder?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Just to be clear, your wife's data is located at ~Dropbox/1Password/Reba/ and your data is located at ~Dropbox/1Password/? Is that correct?

If that's the case, the iOS app will only see the data located in the default ~Dropbox/1Password/ location. But the next update to the iOS app, which should be coming very soon, will allow you to pick a specific vault from any location in Dropbox.

Sorry I don't have a better answer at the moment. Please stay tuned for the update!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macmikeal‌

I'm sorry that 1Password is a little bit behind your expectations right now! Our developers are working to bring multiple vaults to the iOS app just as soon as possible. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macmikeal‌

It is not possible to force a sync in 1Password 4 for Mac. With Dropbox sync your database should be updated every time a change is made. Keep an eye on your Dropbox icon in the menu bar. Do you see it update when you change an item?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macmikeal‌

If you're concerned about sync not behaving, we can reset it to give it a bit of a kickstart, and ensure that both devices are pointing at the same location:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac to your primary vault, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences in your primary vault, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

This discussion has been closed.