Upgrading to family bundle and setting up multiple users

Options

I have been using a single user license of 1Password 3.8.21 on my Macbook Pro but have just upgraded to a family bundle license. My husband has a Windows 7 PC and I will be getting a Windows 8 machine. We also have Droid tablets and an iPAD. I have updated my license on the Mac but do not see how to add additional users to the license. When he downloads the 1Password to his Windows 7 it wants him to enter my master password but this gives him access t all my information. He would like t have his own master password and only access his passwords. How do I set up a separate login for him?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, if you open the same 1Password data file (.agilekeychain folder) sync'ed from your Mac, which requires using the same master password, it's no surprise that you'll see the same data as you see in 1Password on your Mac. That's the desired goal of sync'ing your data between your Mac and PC.

If your husband wants to have a separate 1Password data folder, all he needs to do is launch 1Password for Windows, choose File > New 1Password Data Folder, and set up a folder with a different name.

Of course, you'll need to set up your tablets to use the data folders with which you want to sync them, and our experts in the pertinent forums can help you with those, if you run into any problems.

I hope that helps, @justmesuz. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• justmesuz
    justmesuz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! so simple once you see it :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

This discussion has been closed.