Sync problem - built-in field/section label changes not retained [resolved by using iCloud syncing]

Options
loscamos
loscamos
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hello, I'm using dropbox to sync between all my devices. But when I sync not all the fields show up correctly, sometimes it miss icons, or section title. I've unistalled 1pass from my mac and remove the keychain file from dropbox. Then I created a new sync file but still have the same problem. To sync everything correctly I've used a manual backup and restore. What can I do?

Comments

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

No way to get it work. I've removed all dropbox cache file from dropbox, my imac and my macbook pro. Then I've removed 1password from my imac and my mbp making attention to remove all the files. I've rebooted my imac and my macbook. Thank I've installed 1password on my macbook restoring all the information from a perfect backup. Then I've started dropbox sync to sync my imac. But when it sync it makes a lot of conflicts and change a lot of fields. How do I get it work?

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

Here is what it happen. Same keychain different field title. In almost every login. Why? Please help me.

1.jpg 35.1K
    2.jpg 39.1K
  • loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

Another sceen to explain what's going on. I've also updated to latest beta. But still have the issue. My main library is ok. Then I sync with my macbook and the macbook library change a lot of field title reverting it to original name.

3.jpg 18.7K
    4.jpg 38.1K
  • loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

I made a video. This is what I do on my Macbook. And the screen is what happen on my imac. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2GhII27s2Y

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

More info: imac and macbook have 1password latest beta and run Mavericks. This issue appear only when I sync my imac with the dropbox/icloud/folder keychain. Not when I sync the keychain with 1p beta on android.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

up

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

up

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @loscamos,

I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here. We've experienced a surge in support requests recently and are doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible. We're often replying to older topics first so updating yours was causing it to appear newer.

Do you have syncing configured for any systems/devices other than your iMac, MacBook Pro, and Android? Is it currently giving you any problems other than with Section headers reverting to defaults and possibly the conflicts?

The reason that Section header changes are reverting to their default values when syncing is because there is no support for their customized names in the Agile Keychain format. We have plans to address this issue with a future update.

But when it sync it makes a lot of conflicts and change a lot of fields.

Are those conflicts appearing under fields in the Conflicts section of certain items?

Thanks for any further information to help get this sorted out for you.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Only Android imac and macbook pro. The biggest problem is the header that revert to original. But also some normal Field revert to original name. Fields sync work between mac and Android, but not between mac and macbook.
    The conflicts are not so important right now.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

The image is really small but you can notice that the 3 headers has been changed from gmail, gmail 2 and gmail 3" to "sezione, SMTP, informazioni di contatto". Also the section name has been changed from "nome utente" and "password" to "provider" and "password"

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @loscamos,

Thanks for the followup information.

… you can notice that the 3 headers has been changed from gmail, gmail 2 and gmail 3" to "sezione, SMTP, informazioni di contatto".

Yup, the images in post #4 show how those three section headers have reverted to their original predefined names.

Also the section name has been changed from "nome utente" and "password" to "provider" and "password"

I'm not seeing where those field names (within sections) are reverting.

The video in post #5 shows removing the Informazioni di contatto section, then creating a new section named Email Account 3 with Nome utente and Password field names that all appear to be retained in the image. There is a Provider field in the section that was removed.

Certain combinations of section/field editing clearly aren't syncing correctly. I've updated the bug in our tracker to include more information from what you've reported about this. Thanks again!

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Do you have any estimate time for the release that will fix this error?

In the video I've removed all field in the 3d mail account and created 2 new field. Instead of doing this, if I change one field name it will revert to original. See picture in post #4. In that case I've changed the "provider" field. But it has been reverted to original.

Moreover, how it's possible that mac and android sync fine and mac and macbook generate this error. Everything is based on the same keychain...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @loscamos,

I don't have an estimated timeframe for when this will be fixed. The 1Password 4.3 for Mac update (released today, with 1Password 4.5 for iOS) does still have the issue. I'm getting details on why it's not any issue when syncing with the Android beta.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ Please let me know when you have more info. Thanks

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ Did you get any new information? Did you know why it syncs on android and not between mac? Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @loscamos,

Dropbox syncing with 1Password for Android beta is able to retain changes to built-in field/section labels, and display them, when it finds that data in the keychain. When you've updated those labels in 1Password on one Mac, the data was written to the keychain but not synced back into the local database on your other Mac if using Dropbox or Folder syncing. However, iCloud and Wi-Fi syncing (which already use the upcoming next-generation OPVault sync format) do support built-in field/section label modifications. Once 1Password 4 is released for all platforms we'll phase out the Agile Keychain format and switch to OPVault for Dropbox/Folder syncing as well. We'll release more details as we get closer to this switchover.

I hope that information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ Thank you so much! Now I use iCloud and my macs are perfectly synced!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds great, @loscamos! Thanks for letting me know that using iCloud sync is a solution for you.

This looks like a good spot to close this topic. If anything else comes up please feel free to start another, or send me a private message if you'd like me to reopen this one. :)

This discussion has been closed.