IOS browser bookmarks

Options
giusep71
giusep71
Community Member

Hi everyone, is there a way to tell the IOS browser (i mean the 1Passowrd browser) to keep bookmarks?
And can you please advise how to use 1Password with Safari in IOS?

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @giusep71‌

Unfortunately, 1Password is not set up to save bookmarks. This is a popular feature request, and I'd be happy to add your vote to the issue in our tracker.

As far as Safari goes, I am sorry to say that due to the sandboxing of apps on iOS, Apple does not provide developers with a way to directly interface with other apps. Unless the app has included support for 1Password explicitly, we cannot do anything (like filling) in another app. These sandboxing restrictions also prohibit 1Password from providing browser extensions for mobile browsers. This is why we have 1Browser available within the 1Password app: to allow you to take advantage of 1Password's stored information and filling capabilities.

Currently to log into other apps such as the Facebook native app, you need to copy and paste from the 1Password app. 1Password makes this easy as you can simply tap on the username or password to copy it. 1Password will then clear out the clipboard within a given time period to ensure that your important information does not stay in the clipboard after you no longer have a need for it. You can check out Apps that love 1Password to see which apps have added 1Password integration into their interface.

This discussion has been closed.