iPhone [moved to email]

Options
kalthans
kalthans
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

hello

None of the entries on my 1P4 laptop app are showing up in my iPhone 1P app. They're just not there. I've tried putting stuff in categories and folders (since those are the icons i see on the iOS version), and still nothing. i'm running 4.1.2 on my MBP, using Dropbox to sync my keychain to my iPhone5S. Just got the iPhone app yesterday, so I assume it to be the latest version as well. I've successfully connected to Dropbox according to the app, and when i hit "sync now" i get a blue progress bar, then a message "Last synced a second ago," so it looks like a successful sync. The keychain file is sitting in an Agilebits-created folder at the root of my Dropbox.

Now, i do have two linked Dropbox accounts (personal and work), but i selected and authenticated the correct account (personal) where the keychain resides.

Help me ObiWan.

k

Comments

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

thinking the iphone app might not be able to scrape into a folder on Dropbox, i did a test. first i manually back up my keychain, then turned off syncing on the 1P4 laptop app. this deleted the keychain in the folder. i then removed that folder completely and chose the very root of my Dropbox as the storage location for sync. a new keychain file was created. then i re-synced with my iPhone app. i immediately got a message to the effect of "problem syncing - tap here to fix." tapping there offered me two options "Merge" or "Cancel." When i merged the data and the sync responded with success, i still saw no Login/CC/PW info in the iPhone app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kalthans,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting things synced up here! Unfortunately, because Dropbox for Business is still a relatively new service, we're still working out a few kinks here. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to get a better idea of what's going on here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report for your Mac?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan. Just sent it. Thanks so much.

This particular Dropbox for my work is a very old account...dating back to the very beginning of cloud storage. So i'm not entirely sure it is an actual "Business" service account. I can try to find out.

Should I try to sync via iCloud?

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

it looks like your google mail server bounced the emails back. I get a bounce with this as the reason from your email host:

This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
    552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
    http://support.google.com/mail/bin........

how should i proceed?

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

incidentally, the iCloud sync worked fine. i'm now using it.

but, i'd like the ability to SEE my keychain file on Dropbox (and be able to back it up manually. i'm that kind of paranoid).

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

ok Megan,

i tried to send the diagnostics ZIP file from 3 different email accounts. all of them got bounced back. the latest was Gmail, which returned this when i hit send:

Error
    1PasswordDiagnostics-rfx-5-118.reelfx.com-2014-04-16_14-44.zip contains an executable file. For security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of file.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kalthans,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting the Diagnostic Report sent.

it looks like your google mail server bounced the emails back.

Sometimes Gmail gets a bit particular with zip files. If you still want to send it the report, please save it to Dropbox and send in the shareable link so we can access it this way.

However, if iCloud is syncing well for you, you might want to just stick with what works.

but, i'd like the ability to SEE my keychain file on Dropbox (and be able to back it up manually. i'm that kind of paranoid).

I can understand that - it's nice to be able to point at your data and see it where it should be. However, 1Password does have an automatic backup system in place that will back-up your data regardless of if you have a sync solution in place. So, your data in iCloud/Dropbox is already a second layer of protection. Backing this keychain up manually may not be necessary.

If you would still like to send in the Diagnostic Report and have our team take a peek, please save it to Dropbox and send us the link.

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

hi Megan, sorry it took a bit to get back to you. i have emailed support a dropbox link along with a link to this thread.

thanks

k

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @kalthans,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I was unable to find an email in our system from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down. :)

Found it. :)

This discussion has been closed.