Windows phone 8 update needed for paying Windows desktop users

Options

Last year, I purchased your Windows desktop version of 1Password. I previously purchased the version I could use on my IPad.
I also was using the older version that worked on the Windows phone.

I recently tried to update several of my passwords and use the Dropbox sync. As others have reported it no longer works on the Windows phone.

If you plan on continue selling the Windows 8 desktop version why do you not provide some way for the Windows customers to use the mobile version of your product? I'm very frustrated that you have sold me a version that has screwed up my ability to sync my phone. Seems like terrible customer service and I suspect you have lost many customers because of this.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree our version for Windows Phone is outdated and lacking, but how has our version for Windows desktop "screwed up your ability to sync to your phone"?

• Mic2010
    Mic2010
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks for your response. I am now getting an error message - "Cannot get 1Password settings file from Dropbox, please repeat sync
    (Forbidden)" It appears that there is now way to sync the Windows Phone with the desktop at this point. Just got an email from your support team as well.

I have Windows version 1.0.9.340 on my desktop which is running Windows 8.1

On my Windows 8 phone I have the Windows Phone 1Password version 1Password Version: Beta 1.5.0.6 (I think it was originally created for Windows Phone 7)

I just want to be able to update the desktop 1Password software with new passwords and sync the Windows Phone so any help would really be appreciated.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mic2010 I have forwarded your problem to our Windows Phone developer, and invited him into this discussion.

• Mic2010
    Mic2010
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the assist! I worked with your support and was able to sync the phone with the desktop version now. The problem was the version differences and the naming convention of the files. Happy to work with the Windows Phone developer on the next version or any updates.

This discussion has been closed.