Problem with 1Password & Firefox

Options
R Brian Lindahl
R Brian Lindahl
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I enter my master password after clicking on the Firefox toolbar button, it doesn't ever load my passwords, just continues counting "Connecting: n". Doesn't seem to ever stop. The desktop app works fine. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the plugin, as well as the .sqlite file, but nothing seems to help. Versions are as below:

1Password 1.0.9.340

Extension 3.9.20

Firefox 28.0

Windows 8.1 x64

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

It sounds like something is blocking the extension's ability to communicate with the main program. :(

Please launch the main 1Password program, and choose Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, please check to see whether you’re running any antivirus, antimalware, or firewall programs. (They’re notorious for blocking the WebSocket technology by which the 1Password extensions communicate with the main 1Password program.) If that solves the problem, you can re-enable the av/am/fw programs, one at a time, until the problem reappears; then let us know which one was the culprit.

You might find some useful information in the “Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software” article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/antivirus-configuration.html

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try disabling other browser extensions. If that solves the problem, you can re-enable them, one at a time, until the problem reappears; then let us know which one was the culprit.

• R Brian Lindahl
    R Brian Lindahl
    Community Member
    Options

No luck. Disabled AdAware, windows firewall, all firefox addons... still nothing. Also tried fresh install of latest Chrome, only thing added was 1pass, and same result. If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this, let me know... i'm a coder/geek so can do most anything.

• Hi Brian,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many problem with 1Password here. Can you please send us a diagnostics report to support+windows@agilebits.com immediately after having tried to have the Firefox extension connect to 1Password?

A list of all security software you're using would also be appreciated.

I'm sure we can get this fixed.

• R Brian Lindahl
    R Brian Lindahl
    Community Member
    Options

sent diagnostics along with software list and version #s

• R Brian Lindahl
    R Brian Lindahl
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this? Not in a big rush, it's just horribly inconvenient when the autofill doesn't happen. ;)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I've found your ticket. Thanks!

(.../ticket/AVW-38726-668)

• jollelahreigen
    jollelahreigen
    Community Member
    Options

any solutions? got the same setup and the same problem

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@jollelahreigen‌, Mr. Lindahl (above) found that unloading AdAware (that is, terminating AdAwareService.exe, AdAwareTray.exe, and adawarebp.exe) solved the problem, and he confirmed that installing AdAware again caused the problem to reappear. As he put it, "Looks like their browsing protection goes a bit too far."

We've reached out to the makers of AdAware to determine whether they can make it a little less zealous with respect to 1Password.

In the meantime, I hope that information helps! Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.