Firefox plugin: "Looking for the 1Password app" [moved to email; resolved by enabling WebSocket]

ylan
ylan
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Just installed 1Password 4 om my Macbook Alu, running Mavericks 10.9.2 and Firefox 28.0. Before installing I removed the 1Password 3 plugin and moved the OnePassword.sqlite file from Firefox' Application Support folder in the Library.

I have inactivated NoScript and Ghost.
I have installed, removed and reinstalled the plugin. I have removed and reinstalled 1Password 4.

I have turned off Animating Form Filling

I have 1Password mini running all the time.

The 1Password app works great with my old version 3 keychain, and syncs with my iPhone.

Also Chrome 34.0.1847.116 works without a hitch.

Does anyone know why the Firefox add-on won't see my app.

Humbly, Ylan

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You have installed the 1P4 browser extension, haven't you (as opposed to the 1P3 extension)? Try going to 1P4 > Install browser extensions...

Stephen

• ylan
    ylan
    Community Member

Yup the add-on is 1Password 4.1.0

Humbly, Ylan

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Aha, poking around on the forums I've found this. It sounds as though you might have run into the same bug.

It sounds as though a fix will be available soon.

Stephen

• ylan
    ylan
    Community Member

Cheers a bunch, Stephen!
    Had missed that one! :)

Will have to make do with Chrome for now!

Humbly, Ylan

• Hi @ylan,

The issue mentioned in topic Stephen linked is unrelated to this. The second post there (about the looking for the 1Password app problem) is not related to the original post, and not what Mike acknowledged as a bug.

So, we should be able to get this working for you right now. :)

To help us investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Apologies for misleading, @JasperP‌ and @ylan.

Stephen

• ylan
    ylan
    Community Member

Off line for easter, but now back!

Will send a piece of e-mail straight away!

Humbly, Ylan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Hi @ylan,

I hope you had an enjoyable Easter!

Thanks for your email with the Diagnostics Report. I've located it in our system, someone from our team will respond to you as soon as possible.

• ylan
    ylan
    Community Member

Hi!

It started working after I had set network.websocket.enabled to true.
    I had already removed the 3.9.19 extension, in spite of the diagnostics report to the contrary.

Websocket protocol it was!

Humbly and greatfully, Ylan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ylan,

I'm glad to hear it was simply a matter of enabling the WebSocket protocol that made the difference. And I'll let the 1Password Troubleshooting utility developer know about the issue with inaccurate Firefox extension information in the report.

Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.