IE11 tabs crash

I'm getting exactly the same symptoms as described in this old forum post http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/22475#Comment_22475 - I am getting the error "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab" with exactly the same steps to repro as the OP in that thread, but I am using Facebook rather than Amazon. I'm not getting the same issue with Chrome, it's only IE.

That particular thread related to IE9, and a fix was promised for the problem which caused it, though the thread was closed without stating whether it was actually provided or not. Is this a recurrence of the same problem, or is this something new in IE11?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @jrennie.

It's hard to imagine it being the same problem, as we'd surely have heard in the intervening three years if that were the case.

I just launched 1Password and selected the same Amazon.com Login item I used in the video posted in that older thread, only now running 1Password 1.0.9.340 and IE 11.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ocCYxFgtLhL4

As you can see, clicking on the Location (URL) field takes me to the Amazon sign-in page, pressing Ctrl+\ fills the credentials in the correct fields, as does clicking on the 1Password button and selecting the suggested Login item (which also submits the form, which fails because the credentials are fake).

Is there anything different I should try, in order to more closely match your steps and possibly see the behavior your describe?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@jrennie Please repair Internet Explorer. Instructions are here.

• jrennie
    jrennie
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

Thanks DBrown - as I wrote in my post, I'm using Facebook rather than Amazon - I don't have a problem with Amazon, however I was using the same steps to repro but with Facebook.

I've tried the reset as suggested by svondutch, however now Ctrl+\ doesn't do anything, though the Command Bar button does still work. I checked in the Manage Add-ons dialog, and this is what I found, which I think is correct:

Name: 1Password Ctrl+\

Publisher: Not Available

Type: Browser Extension

Architecture: 32-bit

Version: Not available

File date: Not available

Date last accessed: ‎01 ‎May ‎2014, ‏‎16:47

Class ID: {00FAC6C9-C494-4AD8-B3C0-DE677AFDDBD8}

Use count: 1

Block count: 0

File: Not available

Folder: Not available

..and yes, before you ask, it is Enabled :-)

I'd post a screencast, but I need to get Ctrl+\ to work again first (and I may yet find that the problem is fixed).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Do you see both of these, @jrennie?

This discussion has been closed.