New entry not saving Password/Username depending on which entered first

Options
iceout
iceout
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Am I missing something?

Here is my process of entering a new item. Latest version of iOS 1Password and iOS 7.1

1. Goto Login Items
  2. Tap +
  3. Enter Name of item in Logins box
  4. Enter username
  5. Enter password without using password generator
  6. Scroll down and enter a note
  7. Tap Done

Now screen shows my saved entry but the password is not saved. Will show the same thing with username not saved if I switch steps 4 and 5 around.

I am able to get it to save everything if I tap into username and or password boxes back and forth again before saving but I don't always remember to do this and if in a hurry can not realize I didn't save a password I just made up. (Doh!)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iceout,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Thanks so much for including such detailed description of the steps that you took, it makes it a lot easier to test things out on our end.

Now, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please tell me the version number of 1Password that you are currently using? You can find this by going to 1Password > Settings and looking in the 'Recommend 1Password' area. Does this happen every time you create a new Login in this manner?

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I am using version 4.3.2 and yes this happens every time I create a new login item in this manner. I have updated my steps to be as specific as possible.

Here is my process of entering a new item. Version 4.3.2 of iOS 1Password and iOS 7.1 on an iPhone 4s

1. Goto Login Items
    2. Tap +
    3. Tap into Login box and enter name of item
    4. Tap into username box and enter a username
    5. Tap into password box and manually enter a password
    6. Scroll down to notes section without tapping into any other boxes and tap into notes section and enter a note
    7. Tap Done

Just did another test and scrolling down to enter a note was a necessary step to recreate this issue. If I don't scroll down and enter a note the password is saved properly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iceout,

Well, that did it. The "do not touch any other fields" seems to be the key to this. I can now reproduce what you're seeing. I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. I've filed an issue in our tracker and we'll do our best to get this fixed ASAP. Not saving a password is not cool.

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan

Just a quick follow-up. This issue is still present in the latest release 1Password for iOS version 4.5

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iceout,

Thanks so much for following up here. Unfortunately, by the time we/I got the issue filed, 4.5 was already in review. Our developers are keen on getting this one fixed just as soon as possible though!

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan

This issue is still present in the latest release 1Password for iOS version 4.51

iceout

• Hello @iceout‌. I'm sorry for the trouble. 4.5.1 was a fairly quick turnaround for us and we weren't able to get this fix in before we submitted to the App Store. It is still on our list, though, and we will be getting it taken care of.

This discussion has been closed.