why can't I save a particular login

diitto
diitto
Community Member

Hi, I went into 1Password preferences and checked (on) the Browser preference "Automatically ask to save new logins". I then closed preferences. I then went to a new, secure page where I wanted to save a new login. I manually entered the username and password, then clicked "login". I was able to log in to the site but 1Password never put up anything to ask me to save the login. I then went so far as to quit everything and restart both Safari and 1Password. Did all this again. Same result. Then I came here to this forum, logged in manually as I have never saved a login for this forum (don't use it often) and up came the request asking me if I wanted to save this login. So two questions. Why does it work on most sites but not all?? Second, is there some easier way to ask to save a login for just one site??? That's what I usually want, is to just save one login for one website and it's cumbersom to have to go into 1Password preferences to first turn that on and then later turn it off... That used to be in the Safari Plugin for 1Password. Is it still in there and if so, how am I missing it?? thanks... bob..

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014

Hi @diitto,

Why does it work on most sites but not all?

If you share the URL of a website where it doesn't work, we can investigate. :)

Second, is there some easier way to ask to save a login for just one site?

This may be what you are looking for:

Saving a new Login manually

• diitto
    diitto
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the help on the manual saving of new logins. I had seen that option but wasn't sure how to use it. Thanks for pointing me to that. I tried that on this problem website and it just doesn't work in ways that are strange. It puts some **** in the password field but then tells me nothing was entered for the password. Then I manually enter the password, with the userid being correctly filled and it tells me my username and/or password is wrong. I tried multiple times. But then I go and start from scratch, go to the site manually, enter this same info manually again and it works fine. Unfortunately it's a business site, the link for which I think might be personally for me. I just did a google search to find the generic login page for this site, did so, went to it but it still entered my email address by default as the user id. I mean Safari is likely just remembering it but I can go to a generic login for any other business site I use all the time and that never happens so I don't get it. Anyway, it's only a temporary site I will be using for a while so not a big deal. I will just manually fill this one. But thanks for showing me the procedure on how to Login manually... Much appreciated. bob

• You're welcome, Bob! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.